Aorus/Gigabyte X570 - Buildzoid Ripple tests with AORUS & ASUS

Caporegime
yeah it is one thing I like to go for I wouldnt want to put a bare board in my pc like the old mobos before we got all the rear ios covered up
I’d go for the ultra. I was erring between the two, but what clinched it for me was the aesthetics. The VRM heatsink looks better and I want to go all M2, so the extra slot was very welcome. Easy worth the extra £30 for me.

Associate
I’d go for the ultra. I was erring between the two, but what clinched it for me was the aesthetics. The VRM heatsink looks better and I want to go all M2, so the extra slot was very welcome. Easy worth the extra £30 for me.
i have no m.2 in my current pc only a 240gb evo ssd for boot. but want to slowly move towards m.2 for gaming since ssds are coming down in price more now along with upgrading to 32gb of ram but 16 is good for now for me

Soldato
OP
i have no m.2 in my current pc only a 240gb evo ssd for boot. but want to slowly move towards m.2 for gaming since ssds are coming down in price more now along with upgrading to 32gb of ram but 16 is good for now for me

Seeing price of Intel 660p 1TB nvme for same price as Team Group 1TB Sata 3 ... No brainer really , double the speed. But then at £20 more Corsair 530 or what it's cooled with double that of Intel's

Associate
Seeing price of Intel 660p 1TB nvme for same price as Team Group 1TB Sata 3 ... No brainer really , double the speed. But then at £20 more Corsair 530 or what it's cooled with double that of Intel's
I was looking at the 660p I didnt know about it until researching what mobo to get and someone brought it up in a reddit post

Associate
anyone own the aorus pro? was hoping to get the ultra today but stock didnt come in. it's hard having my 3700x sitting next to me and not having a mobo to put it in stocks not gonna be due until next week most other places are saying 17th or 19th

Soldato
Well after a total mess up by a competitor, cancelled my 3700X order but kept the cheap X570 Taichi. They've cancelled the motherboard and are sending out the CPU! Needless to say I ordered the Aorus Master and 3700X from elsewhere for delivery tomorrow, sadly OCUK didn't have the Aorus Master in stock.

Glad to see Gigabyte are on the ball with BIOS updates :)

Soldato
Well after a total mess up by a competitor, cancelled my 3700X order but kept the cheap X570 Taichi. They've cancelled the motherboard and are sending out the CPU! Needless to say I ordered the Aorus Master and 3700X from elsewhere for delivery tomorrow, sadly OCUK didn't have the Aorus Master in stock.
Sorry to read that @Troezar- is this the competitor that had the low/sale priced Tachi?

Glad to see Gigabyte are on the ball with BIOS updates :)
Yep, they're updating and keeping users informed regularly - plus @GIGA-Man is keeping members in the loop as much as he can, as soon as he has info.

Soldato
OP
How is the ultra aorus for a 3700x or 3800x ? Or go for the aorus master

Honestly Gaming X and Elite are fine ! Pro is cheaper option of you don't need the WiFi which the Ultra has but both have same VRM. Then the master is the daddy !
Can going £180-260 over £400 be saved on pushing maybe 12 core 3900x or better GPU or ram to go with it ?

Associate
Honestly Gaming X and Elite are fine ! Pro is cheaper option of you don't need the WiFi which the Ultra has but both have same VRM. Then the master is the daddy !
Can going £180-260 over £400 be saved on pushing maybe 12 core 3900x or better GPU or ram to go with it ?
And the bios how is it? They always say gigabyte bios is ****

Soldato
Sorry to read that @Troezar- is this the competitor that had the low/sale priced Tachi?

Yep, they're updating and keeping users informed regularly - plus @GIGA-Man is keeping members in the loop as much as he can, as soon as he has info.

Thanks Plec, yes they may fix it. If they don't, oh well. If they do I'll just sell it on to offset the Aorus Master which is the board I really wanted. Overkill for a 3700X but I'm planning in on 5+ years and at least one upgrade to a high core count CPU. It does look like a quality bit of hardware

Associate
Anyone tested the updated bios with chipset fan profiles yet?

I assume updating will wipe all existing settings? Does backing the profile up to usb and restoring after update work?

Too lazy to reenter all my ram timings.... will try it tomorrow anyhow!

Edit: Updated my Aorus Ultra to F4f, all seems good so far. Did have to reenter all settings as wouldn't load profile for old BIOS version.

Last edited:
Soldato
@GIGA-Man The RGB Fusion application is being detected as a threat/hack/cheat by Easy Anti Cheat software which I understand other vendors lighting control software had an issue with also. ASUS for example have since patched their own app and the issue is resolved on their paltform. Is there anything on the horizon to get this looked at? I'm stuck with not being able to control any RGB lighting at present as I have to uninstall RGB fusion to play anything which uses EAC protection. It's rather disappointing as there are no alternatives to control the RGB from the board and am stuck with the default orange at present.

Colour mismatch sadness... :(

project_zen2-16.jpg

Back
Top Bottom