Apex help

Associate
Please has anyone fitted an EK monoblock to a Rampage Apex, simply because i have put three on Rampage Extremes, and would like to know if the process is exactly the same because the heatsinks on the apex look smaller. Personal insight only poor old s@d i know. Thanking you in advance.

Soldato
Please has anyone fitted an EK monoblock to a Rampage Apex, simply because i have put three on Rampage Extremes, and would like to know if the process is exactly the same because the heatsinks on the apex look smaller. Personal insight only poor old s@d i know. Thanking you in advance.

Same process, remove the stock sinks and fit the monoblock. I’ve got one on my Apex now cooling my 8700k - technically one of the motherboard screws doesn’t line up as it’s the older generation block but fits fine.

Associate
OP
Thank you for your answer, what happens to the vrm heat pipe which goes into io shield and cannot be removed. Have had an enquiry in with EK no answer yet. very little on the web.

Soldato
Thank you for your answer, what happens to the vrm heat pipe which goes into io shield and cannot be removed. Have had an enquiry in with EK no answer yet. very little on the web.

Not sure on that specific board but usually you removed those heat sinks which are attached by the pipe sometimes, they are covered by the block.

Is it not in the user manual (download online in the EK shop page). The IO shield can be removed also.

Back
Top Bottom