*** Apex Legends ***

Associate
Check this;

Last night we jumped out the ship, I wasn't paying attention because I wasn't the jumpmaster. The idiot of jumpmaster jumped us into the dam sea!!

Luckily enough when this happens the banner spawns just on the edge, our team mate manages to respawn us.

We then went on to win the game!

Caporegime
Just got back from a week away on work. Totally brain-dead, had time for a quick game, took me a few minutes to remember the controls.

Weird game.

eed48c8e-71f0-456c-afbe-83a46b2804d4.PNG

quality of player on console must be pathetic

Man of Honour
After winning 5 or so game in the first week of playing, I've not had a win for ages. I've finished in the top 3 a lot of the time, just never seem to have the team/skill/luck etc to get that number 1 spot.

Caporegime
After winning 5 or so game in the first week of playing, I've not had a win for ages. I've finished in the top 3 a lot of the time, just never seem to have the team/skill/luck etc to get that number 1 spot.

surviving in any BR game is easy. just run away from fights. drop safe, etc.

if you aren't winning it's because you either don't have good loot or are any good at engagements or both.

i could easily come in the top 3 every game if all i wanted to do was survive.

drop hot learn how to engage and when to back off and heal. get the decent gear by robbing other peoples dead crates after killing them.

i won 4 games on saturday and 2 on sunday was only on for a few games. you need to use everything to your advantage and gameskill is the most important thing.

Caporegime
surviving in any BR game is easy. just run away from fights. drop safe, etc.

if you aren't winning it's because you either don't have good loot or are any good at engagements or both.

i could easily come in the top 3 every game if all i wanted to do was survive.

drop hot learn how to engage and when to back off and heal. get the decent gear by robbing other peoples dead crates after killing them.

i won 4 games on saturday and 2 on sunday was only on for a few games. you need to use everything to your advantage and gameskill is the most important thing.
And keep an eye on how many squads are left too. Once it's down to the last three listen out for them fighting each other and then third party them when they're still healing or short on ammo.

Soldato
What happened in that game was we roamed the map, geared up, didn't hear a peep until it was down to the last 3 squads then as soon as we heard gunfire and found the last two squads fighting it out, slung a couple of arc stars in and finished em off.

Arc stars don't count towards damage dealt...

Last edited:
Caporegime
I love this game but it's so difficult. I rarely get a kill!

Even playing with randoms they do tend to revive you. What I like is it promotes rush play. Rarely will you see anyone just sit there and camp.

What's everyone's favourite guns to use? I use the heavy ammo guns, so the Flatline and the Spitfire but they can be rare to find. Whenever I come 1vs1 I'm always dead within seconds.

Prowler with select fire
R99
Spitfire
R301
Mastiff

Devotion and havoc need the turbocharger and its rare. But I'll use them from time to time too.

Wingman I dont get on with but it's still very good.

Long bow apparently is very good now but it only works out in the open. You cant have more than 1 person in your team using one.

The game promotes rushing and ending your opponents as quickly as possible before you get third partied.

If you have been in a fight for longer than 10 seconds and you dont have at least 1 of them down and everyone on full health it's best to back off and re position.

You need to end teams quickly.

There are no bad guns in the game tbh. Apart from the p2020 pistol.

I've killed people with every gun in the game including the Mozambique. Obviously early game with no armour. You need to use movement in combination with aim.

Soldato
Either I've got a lot better overnight, or the netcode changes in the last patch have been a big improvement. Seem to just get way more hits with the spitfire/devotion/r301.....still can't hit a thing with the longbow mind.

Caporegime
Either I've got a lot better overnight, or the netcode changes in the last patch have been a big improvement. Seem to just get way more hits with the spitfire/devotion/r301.....still can't hit a thing with the longbow mind.
I've been using Longbow a lot more recently and am getting better. I find it easier to try and stick to one type of scope, going 4x then 8x and then 6x causes me issues!

Soldato
I've been using Longbow a lot more recently and am getting better. I find it easier to try and stick to one type of scope, going 4x then 8x and then 6x causes me issues!

To be fair I've only tried using it twice, both times early game in way to close engagements!

Been playing all the classes more. Caustic is good if you're playing with randoms, as most randos just want to hot drop skull town or bunker to farm kills.

Soldato
I can't hit diddly with the longbow it's definitely my bogey weapon. Not sure about netcode but all the stuttering I've been suffering from seems cured.
Finding a lot of randoms just don't care about teamwork any more, lots just running off looking for kills and dying, very frustrating...

Edit: Have they nerfed the 301? Can't put anyone down...

Last edited:
Associate
Longbow seems to have got easier to use for me, i,m also liking the Alternator much more than i used to. only 10 more levels to do on the season pass which is grindy but it keeps me playing :) The game needs more content asap though.

Soldato
Battle pass has been poop...ain't got the hours for it and the cosmetics from it sucks.

Desperately needs something new. I know a lot of characters are team focused, but I'd really love a solos mode. Sure there's gonna be a lot of wraiths, but at least it'll be something different.

Sometimes the thought of hot-dropping skull town *again* with some Spanish dude having an argument with his missus over the mic then shouting at your for not instantly rezzing them, it's not appealing. It's what puts me off playing the odd game, as you really need at least an hour to have a chance of getting some teammates that aren't Muppets and have a decent game.

Soldato
Battle pass has been poop...ain't got the hours for it and the cosmetics from it sucks.

Desperately needs something new. I know a lot of characters are team focused, but I'd really love a solos mode. Sure there's gonna be a lot of wraiths, but at least it'll be something different.

Sometimes the thought of hot-dropping skull town *again* with some Spanish dude having an argument with his missus over the mic then shouting at your for not instantly rezzing them, it's not appealing. It's what puts me off playing the odd game, as you really need at least an hour to have a chance of getting some teammates that aren't Muppets and have a decent game.
Agree, it does need something new injecting to keep it fresh. Nice to know I'm not the only one getting blasted through the mic :p

I haven't played for a wahile but started a couple of days ago, had two wins one after the other but all games since then have been dire with troublesome teammates. What I would love to see in this game is like you say single player, but also the ability to have a private match on a smaller scale, 20 of us in a shrunk down arena all on mic would be an absolute blast. It'll never happen but still it's a nice thought.

Caporegime
Agree, it does need something new injecting to keep it fresh. Nice to know I'm not the only one getting blasted through the mic :p

I haven't played for a wahile but started a couple of days ago, had two wins one after the other but all games since then have been dire with troublesome teammates. What I would love to see in this game is like you say single player, but also the ability to have a private match on a smaller scale, 20 of us in a shrunk down arena all on mic would be an absolute blast. It'll never happen but still it's a nice thought.
Guys, join the unofficial OCUK Discord, join a room and you’ll get others joining within a few minutes easy. There’s around 8-12 still playing regularly, myself included.

Back
Top Bottom