*** Apex Legends ***

Soldato
Yeah there isn't much there. I will probably buy it though for Octane. I have spend a lot of time playing this and for free so I don't mind giving something back for £7.99 or whatever. Looking forward to what is to come in the future as the base game is so good. I've never managed to get into BR games before but I love this one.

Soldato
Hardly playing anything else at the moment to be honest, and for any game to drag me from Rocket League is no small feat.

With a couple of mates it's stellar.

Associate
I love this game but im soooo bad at it. Played about 10 rounds on Xbox with randoms tonight and got about 3 kills all evening, im sure they have made the Peacekeeper a lot harder to find since the update as i didnt see one all evening.Or maybe its just my bad luck :)

Soldato
They have reduced the availability of some weapons and increased others because pretty much everyone was using the Wingman and Peacekeeper combo. Wingman was also nerfed a bit.

I am definitely getting more damage and kills in now but yeah some rounds with randoms can be pretty painful. I'll add you mid_gen and budge1972 though I'm not around that much and I don't use a mic! XBL Alterash.

Soldato
No mic is fine, just as long as you don't drop solo or ignore revives :p Playing with randoms is infuriating...sometimes it's ok...but other times I get an hour to play and every drop is a disaster because of some spectacularly bad randoms.

Although nothing is more annoying than taking ages to drop, and then landing in a hot zone 10 seconds after 4-5 other teams have landed in the vicinity.

Soldato
No I love it when the squad plays as a proper 3. You'd need to be exceptionally good to rambo this game and I am definitely not that so I like to stick to my squad as much as possible :)

I bought the Battle Pass.

Added you both.

Soldato
Battle pass is a **** take on this game, A) it mainly sucks B) its grindy as hell with no levelling assistance (fortnight challenges)

Played a few hours and only levelled 1 tier, seems like it designed to make you buy tiers.

Love the game, but the loot crates, uninspired battlepass along with the generic skins make me question the longevity of this game. They really need to step up there game, fornite have set the bar in the field.

Bought this battlepass to support the game as ultimately it is a free game and have been playing a lot but doubt i will next season if its more of the same. Plus they need to get rid of the loot boxes, just no need.

Soldato
I just play to enjoy it and if I get stuff for leveling then cool but if I don't I still had fun playing the game. I understand why people might get ****** off but I am not going to get wound up about some cosmetic crap when I can just enjoy shooting stuff - or rather getting shot by stuff :)

£7.99 - meh it was worth it to me just for the time that I've played it.

Soldato
I don't mind paying for the battle pass, happy to pay for the game.

Doesn't change the fact it sucks, their rewards are far too stingy for casual players, I wouldn't buy it again if it stays the same.

Associate
me and a friend play this quite a lot most nights on xbox, always looking for a third player to join that plays as a team etc so if @mid_gen or anyone else wants to team up just fire me a friend request ID = spinrs2k

Last edited:
Associate
You need to play a LOT to get them all back....like every day..for hours.

Yep, played a couple of hours the other day and got no where haha. I think you can get a bonus for picking different legends each time but its still the grind of the century.

I think the best thing to do for people who haven't bought it and are unsure is to play for a while and see how far you get in the pass for your play time, then buy it if you think its worth it as you still get all the tiers.

Soldato
Good games tonight, quick one with @Plainsong, classic example of why not to quit early....had a horrible start, two died, other guy quit out without waiting for respawn, I managed to ninja recover the other, snuck around the map, another death and recovery, got down to last 3, killed 3rd squad, but then the last full team of 3 lucked out on the circle and had a perfect defensive point against us two (one with rubbish gear). Good effort though.

Had a string of good games afterwards, 2nd, 2nd, then back to back wins. Seems to be a lot of new people playing the game at the moment.

I'll be on again this evening for some games. I wish they'd put some info on the friends screen so you can see how long someone's been in a match, how many squad is left alive etc, so you have an idea if you'll be waiting 20 minutes or not...

Soldato
@mid_gen I think you res'd me twice! Yeah was fun so close but I got wrecked right at the end with bad gear. I generally play this every week night from around 17:45 to 19:00 UK time so around an hour or so. Then we eat and watch TV so I rarely come back on.

If I see you before you see me I'll pop you an invite before I go in.

Last edited:
Associate
Am i the only one who is always doing melee by pressing the right stick , ive changed it to the crouch setting but now just keep bobbing up and down lol. it really affects me when im shooting .

i have an elite pad and set the right stick to one of the paddle but i keep nudging that with my huge hands grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

anyone help ...assigning it to the dpad down would be ideal but will be so hard to press while running lmao

Soldato
I was meleeing during gunfights sometimes. Since I adjusted my deadzones down smaller, I haven't been doing it, maybe I've just developed the muscle memory to not crush the sticks when panicking :p

Still enjoying the game a lot, I actually kinda like that the progression sucks, an occasional unlock of something is just a bonus, I play it for the fun of it, takes me back to TFC/HLDM days before everything got turned into a grind....except the map is huge and every game plays out totally differently.

Associate
I'm still hooked on this game, it gets better as I get better :) It still winds me up when team mates leave early and don't seem to want a revive chance. I've got to know most of the map now and look forward to the future updates. I bought the season pass to support the game but not sure I'll put any more £ into it tbh.
Also is it just me but whenever I play any other game now i I keep thinking I can slide downhill :)

Back
Top Bottom