Apex steelseries keyboard just stopped working!

Associate
it was working fine last night and now its just dead no light or nothing. I got it about 4 years ago from OC and always looked after so not sure what happened!

if anyones got any info please let me know

thanks

Soldato
yeah tried them all and on my hub, it was doing some kind of strange flicker via the backlights a few weeks ago but kept working fine

I presume you've checked for bends, cracks, kinks in the wire - particularly around the connection point?

Now, this is probably not good advice, but an anecdote... my old Razer Deathadder mouse did something similar - first, flickering lights, then erratic clicking, then dead. I held it by the cord and bonked it against my pillow several times. It's been working fine for the past six years (and is still in use now). I'm guessing some loose connection inside. As it's out of warranty, you could try giving it shake, or (probably more sensibly) opening it up and seeing if you can see any loose connections. :)

Associate
OP
thanks i took all drivers off and windows didnt find it, so i went and found steelseries engine 3 and i installed that and it said tried to update firmware but failed but do i want to try anyway so with nothing to lose i did and all the lights came on. And now it works again so no idea what caused this to happen but thanks for the starter advice it lead on the right track to saving £50 :)

Soldato
thanks i took all drivers off and windows didnt find it, so i went and found steelseries engine 3 and i installed that and it said tried to update firmware but failed but do i want to try anyway so with nothing to lose i did and all the lights came on. And now it works again so no idea what caused this to happen but thanks for the starter advice it lead on the right track to saving £50 :)

Ah, good stuff!

Nice one. I didn't think of firmware, but glad that going down that track led you to a solution! :D

Back
Top Bottom