App/Game ideas?

Why not take a look at a game that you like and just build a similar game, perhaps adding a few features you wish you had.

Not every app or game has to be a completely new idea. There are probably a million versions of everything out there, make your version and make it better than everyone else's!

Why not take a look at a game that you like and just build a similar game, perhaps adding a few features you wish you had.

Not every app or game has to be a completely new idea. There are probably a million versions of everything out there, make your version and make it better than everyone else's!

Again good advice and I have been thinking this.

Heard of the knights tour game? Have to move a knight chess piece to every square on the board, can't go to ones you have already landed on, can only move as a knight would.

Please don't take offense as I haven't actually played it but that looks remarkably similar to flappy birds.

Not saying I could do better I was wondering if it's a reskin or ground up build?

I'll download it later regardless well done :).

Last edited:
Please don't take offense as I haven't actually played it but that looks remarkably similar to flappy birds.

Not saying I could do better I was wondering if it's a reskin or ground up build?

I'll download it later regardless well done :).

Only thing similar to Flappy Bird is the tap/touch to avoid, apart from that its nothing like Flappy Bird. It is not a reskin or rebuild it was all built from scratch. Thanks for the download if you get around to doing so.

Good to hear :). Sorry for being mistrustful just looked similar obviously having not played it I couldn't be sure.

I'll get on it tomorrow.

Going to release on iOS as well?

How about making a countdown timer where you set the actual time you want the timer to go off, and have the app automatically give you voice notifications every 30 minutes or so?

I've been looking for something like this but can't find one...lol

I wouldn't worry about making something original, the mobile market is saturated now and chances are someone has already done whatever you can think of.

You could do worse than doing a reskin job on a well known game mechanic. At least you'll end up with a working app at the end of it and the simple stuff like flappy birds clone is a nice simple first project. You'll learn about the app store submission process and all that stuff.

Why do you want to create an app/game? Coding practice? Artwork? Marketing? Need something in particular? To make money?

So realistically - from those in the know - what kind of money, if any, can you make from the store(s)?

You could create a AAA game/app such as GTA:SA or Skype - however these take very large skilled teams - yet you have successful flappy bird type games.

Flappy bird was a one hit wonder I know and I've read an article that the average developer will make 'pizza money' only so I have probably answered my own question.

The market is saturated and I can't imagine there are many realistic apps left to create so hence my question. However I can see room for one game type which doesn't require huge graphic capabilities.

I suppose you just go for it and see what happens. It's only $25 to sign up so in most senses you can't lose money wise.

Back
Top Bottom