Appears 123reg wanted in on the free advertising

Caporegime
Working at a co-locating web hosting company myself I have to say that 123-reg are one of the worst businesses that I have to deal with, their website is beyond slow and their customer service is abysmal, it's a stretch to call it a UK web hosting company when all their support team are foreign and have dire communication skills.

Caporegime
123-reg are clowns. When you call them they ask you to confirm characters from your password, which shouldn't be possible if they are handling it correctly.

Every business needs the notion of a support PIN that you can generate each time you need to call that proves you have already performed verification. Google Apps does this, so do Gandi.

SMN

SMN

Soldato
I've been using Ukhost4u for about 8 years now, they have a few outages every now and then and some unadvertised maintenance but as a whole they are pretty decent.

Associate
I am one of the customers who has had their VPS deleted. 123reg ran their script at 7am but luckily my backup runs at 4am and FTP's the backup to my NAS at home.

123reg are asking customers to reimage their VPS but it's not as simple as that. Some customers have tried this and it is taking over 10 hours. You also got to configure your webserver from scratch.

If you got to do that then you may as well shop around and go elsewhere. I have no confidence at all in 123reg anymore. They corrupted my databases in February due to a power outage which put my VPS offline for a week and now this. Four days in and customers are non the wiser if their data can be recovered.

Soldato
I am one of the customers who has had their VPS deleted. 123reg ran their script at 7am but luckily my backup runs at 4am and FTP's the backup to my NAS at home.

123reg are asking customers to reimage their VPS but it's not as simple as that. Some customers have tried this and it is taking over 10 hours. You also got to configure your webserver from scratch.

If you got to do that then you may as well shop around and go elsewhere. I have no confidence at all in 123reg anymore. They corrupted my databases in February due to a power outage which put my VPS offline for a week and now this. Four days in and customers are non the wiser if their data can be recovered.

Being that everyone (who can) would be uploading all their data again at potentially the same time, I wonder how much capacity they have!

Back
Top Bottom