Apple Arcade

Soldato
I didn't really pay much attention to the announcement of Apple Arcade during the keynote speech, but now I find myself very excited about it. I'd like to play more games on my phone except that they're mostly bottomless pits of IAP, while the premium ones don't always appeal to me.

Early reviews seem really positive for the Arcade content and since my wife and two children (iPad owners) will be able to access the games via family plan, this will hopefully turn into a great benefit for iOS users.

What say you all? I think it has the potential to be a good beginning to Apple's new subscription-led services.

Soldato
I downloaded a few games to play last night. First impressions are good. I played on my iPad with an Xbone controller which is probably overkill! Great graphics and sound though the gameplay is simplistic for obvious reasons. I’m hoping I’ll find a game or two that are more challenging and in-depth than what appears to be released so far. A couple of toughy platform era and shmups would suit me just fine.

Soldato
I've not really played games on my phone in a few years but this service could get me tapping away if there are some decent ones.

With controller support being a thing I'd hope we'd get some real good 3D games down the line

Soldato
One thing that may be of interest is that the subscription can be shared through Family Sharing. Makes it a bit of a bargain if your other half and kids are into games.

Soldato
OP
I have a very short attention span when it comes to games. I either don't like them at all, or I get hooked. Finding that elusive game worth playing is tricky and I don't like forking out a few quid for a premium game that I play less than once before getting bored and regretting my expenditure. I have a bit of faith in Apple's review process so I'm certain we won't be getting dross. There was an article somewhere today where a developer was saying how great it was to design a game for Arcade because it gave him financial reassurance and he didn't have to waste his time figuring out where an advert would fit.

Back
Top Bottom