Apple EFI Firmware update 1.3 [2.2/2.4GHz 15" MBP]

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 651465
  • Start date Start date

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Apple posted the MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.3 tonight. Apple only posts a simple description of the 1.8MB update:

This EFI Firmware update fixes a display issue on 2.2/2.4GHz 15-inch MacBook Pro models.

Apple also posted Firmware Restoration CD 1.3 which can restore the firmware of an Intel-based Macintosh computer.

You can only use this to restore the firmware after an interrupted or failed update. If your computer is already in this state, you’ll need to download the software and create the CD on another Macintosh computer, or you can take your computer to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to restore your firmware. This CD can be created on both PowerPC- and Intel-based Macintosh computers.

Source: http://www.macrumors.com/2007/07/12/macbook-pro-efi-firmware-update-1-3-and-firmware-restoration-cd/

Note: If you have a 17" MBP then this update will NOT show up :)

Apparently there's talk of a screen banding/flickering issue that this fixes.

There have been a batch of people who've been stung with this update (no issues before update, issues after) so be careful when doing this, and download the restore CD files BEFORE you start is my recommendation.

Yep, done that. Seems to work fine. Although no one warned me that when it boots back up to update the firmware it beeps really loud, scared the living daylights out of me :(.

Justin said:
Yep, done that. Seems to work fine. Although no one warned me that when it boots back up to update the firmware it beeps really loud, scared the living daylights out of me :(.

Lol, same thing happened to me when I updated the firmware! Why don't they warn you about these things, :)

Back
Top Bottom