Apple ipad air 2 16GB repair advice

Associate
My daughters ipad air 2 which is coming up to 3 years old is playing up. The battery shows 100% charge but still cuts out so I installed a battery app which indicated the battery had 30% life left.

The screen has also become unglued at one edge so I am thinking either to replace it with an Ipad 9.7 A9 32GB ipad at £339 at the moment or to get the Air 2 repaired.

I understand Apple do a repair service for around £120 for the battery? Would they fix the slightly unglued screen too in that cost? I suppose they would have to take the screen off anyway.

Associate
My daughters ipad air 2 which is coming up to 3 years old is playing up. The battery shows 100% charge but still cuts out so I installed a battery app which indicated the battery had 30% life left.

The screen has also become unglued at one edge so I am thinking either to replace it with an Ipad 9.7 A9 32GB ipad at £339 at the moment or to get the Air 2 repaired.

I understand Apple do a repair service for around £120 for the battery? Would they fix the slightly unglued screen too in that cost? I suppose they would have to take the screen off anyway.

I would suggest taking it to your nearest Apple store, maybe the battery has swollen hence your ipad screen is lifting at one edge.

I was in my local Apple store a few weeks ago & whilst I was waiting another customer had the screen lifting problem, Apple swapped the ipad over for the cost of the battery.

Could be worth a try?

Cheers all

Permabanned

They really easy to replace, you just need a heat mat, hair dryer , heat gun or the likes. I replace all Apple/Samsung/Dell/HP gadgets every day. Will cost you less than Apple. There are tear down guides and part replacement guides on iFixit.

Associate
OP
They really easy to replace, you just need a heat mat, hair dryer , heat gun or the likes. I replace all Apple/Samsung/Dell/HP gadgets every day. Will cost you less than Apple. There are tear down guides and part replacement guides on iFixit.

I’ve got a hair dryer lol, what kind of heat mat? And where would be the best place to buy a battery from? Will the ipad know it’s not a genuine apple replacement battery?

Permabanned
dont bother you will break the lcd and they are very expensive to replace.

take it to apple and see what they say, if the screen is lifting then the battery has more than likely swelled up, i would say you have read a lot about it on google and how dangerous it is. you never know they may just give you a new one.

Associate
I repair these and honestly I'd try my luck with apple for a bulging battery. The risk of damaging the glass / lcd is high upon removal and it's one hell of a pricey part

Associate
look at it from apple's perspective.

will they send you home with an ipad and a faulty battery for your daughter to use...I would hope not

btw ... if the batery is swelling then you should probably not let her use it until it is fixed !

Back
Top Bottom