• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Apple M1 Performance

Soldato
I’m interested to find how the Apple M1 compares to the latest Intel and Ryzen processors. However, there doesn’t seem to be any/many reviews where the M1 is directly compared across a variety of benchmarks. Sure there are plenty of cinebench scores showing good single and multi core performance, but not much else.

I believe that M1’s low power consumption is the big differentiator which makes it perfect for laptops, but how does it compare against the best of AMD and Intel, either desktop or mobile versions?

There’s so much hype about the Apple M1 from Apple fans and Youtubers that it’s impossible to be sure if the hype is earned or not.

What are the opinions of this forum, especially in light of rumoured M1X / M2 chips arriving later this year, with more cores and better graphics performance?

Soldato
OP
classic Intel. Comparing the 10w M1 against the 30w 1185g7 lol, Intel gotta try to somehow seem relevant. The M1 devices probably have more than double the battery life than an 1185g7 laptop

This is what I mean about the hype making it difficult to know exactly how fast the M1 is. On the one hand, there are people claiming the M1 chews through various operations several times faster than some fairly serious Intel processors and then there are comparisons like this one showing that a 30w Intel destroys an M1.

Back
Top Bottom