Apple Mac Mini (2014) few questions

Soldato
Hey guys,

Purchased one of these today,as far as im aware the ram is soldered to the board so cannot be upgraded so il be stuck with a maximum 4gb of Ram,Which is fine i think its only for web browsing,YouTube and listening to music,But i have a couple of questions as im completely new to the Mac and OSX scene.

1)Im planning to swap out the slow 5400RPM drive to a 250GB SSD,How do i go about restoring OSX on the newly installed SSD?

2)Is there a certain version of OSX i can only go up to on this model of Mac or can i go the latest version?

3)This Mac mini i see has a Wireless PCI-e mini card installed,can you remove this Pci-e wireless card and use the Pci-e slot for a Pci-e SSD?

Thank you,very much appreciated.

Associate
1)Im planning to swap out the slow 5400RPM drive to a 250GB SSD,How do i go about restoring OSX on the newly installed SSD?

2)Is there a certain version of OSX i can only go up to on this model of Mac or can i go the latest version?
Should just be able to use internet recovery to reinstall the OS, Just press CMD & R on boot and then follow instructions to reinstall

Supports the latest version and will supports 10.14 on release.

Back
Top Bottom