Apple Music Listening Thread

Soldato
I hope this thread is allowed. I know there are a couple of listening-to threads in other forums, but they tend to use YouTube. In this thread, we can share music directly using Apple Music links.

I'll start :D.

Soldato
OP
Folks - I'm currently a Spotify user (family) but am considering moving to Apple One as I already use iCloud+ for storage and have a family configured. Can anyone comment on any significant pros/cons of moving to Apple Music? Is the library as good? Sound quality? Ease of use etc? I've read articles online but would love to hear some genuine user opinions?

Sound quality is much better than Spotify, especially if you have a DAC and good-quality wired headphones. The library size is great. Very easy to use, especially if you are all Apple (no surprise there).

There is one essential app I use, though. It is called Soundshift, and I use it to import playlists from Spotify into Apple Music. I paid £40 for the lifetime pro license as it is essential. There is a free version, though.

Reactions: Pez
Soldato
OP
I have used AM, Spotify and Tidal. For me AM has the worst and least intuitive interface of them all. Specifically the phone app is crap. You add a song to a playlist, get a pop up saying it’s added. You go to your playlist and it’s not there. It’s dreadful. Syncing playlists between my MBA and iPhone is temperamental too, sometimes it seems to work sometimes not.

Often I’ll ‘Create Station’ on a song and it will just start playing alphabetically all of my songs added to my library (for me Adam’s Song - Blink 182) and not create a station at all. If I try to do it again it will just do the same thing. So I have to find another song to Create Station on and hope it works. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to this… sometimes it work sometimes it just goes to the start of my library songs.

Same thing happens when listening to a playlist randomly too. If I press ‘next’ in the middle of a playlist sometimes it will just jump out of the playlist and to the first song alphabetically of my library songs…

But once you have everything set up, it’s ‘ok’.

I really should switch to something else but I’m at an age where I cba. I don’t make playlists often. Although writing this has made me realise how much annoying **** is in Apple Music and now I’m seriously contemplating trying something else…
I've used Spotify since you needed an invite to use it in 2010 or something. I switched to Apple Music last year, and I admit that it did take a while to learn how to use it, but now I've figured it out, I find it fine for everything I need. Once I had imported my playlists, things were great.

Soldato
OP
I bought Marvin Pro, and I am enjoying it. I also found another app that is useful. It is called "Muze - Music Discovery" and is on the iPhone. It makes playlists for you based on your music likes. It is free.

Soldato
OP
I’m trying to work out the logic with Muze. Is there some algorithm there as it seems to repeat the same artists constantly, different songs but same bands!
I'm not sure to be honest. I think it plays tracks and artists similar to what you have already listened to. I haven't used it enough to see what it does over a longer period of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom