Apple remote access

Soldato
Hi,

I often have to provide support for Apple products but personally, I'm not a fan so don't own any and my experience is obviously limited. I can normally google and find my way around without too many problems, however, my issue is when people need support remotely.

TeamViewer doesn't seem to work, Citrix GOTOAssist doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone know of any products that I can look at to remotely support:

Apple desktops/laptops
iPads
iPhones

Thanks

ajf

ajf

Soldato
As mentioned, you shouldn't have any issues remotely supporting OSX with Teamviewer or other support tools.

However, IOS are more difficult, and in fact I have not yet come across any tools that allow you to actually control the device.
I think the best you can get is MDM style systems that allow pushing of apps etc. And possibly accessing files, but not sure about that last part either.

Presumably this is in a corporate environment, so why not just see if you can get an IOS device specifically for support?
Doesn't need to even be the most current model, as long as it runs the IOS version you are supporting.
We rolled out iPhones at my place recently, and whilst personally, I know IOS fairly well, we insisted that the IT dept had a device as well purely for support and troubleshooting.

Associate
MacOS has an 'Appled' VNC server built in to it. Needs enabling but works fine. Can connect with any VNC client i've tried.

Back
Top Bottom