Apple Returns

Soldato
After some advice thinking of being a little bit cheeky and ordering a 12.9 Ipad to test the water for size in preparation for hopefully the new Ipads released in a few weeks.

Has anyone had any experience in returning hardware to Apple within the 14 day period. Is it a fairly painless process?

Soldato
I had no issues returning a Mac Mini within the 14 day period. I called up Apple support, explained I would like to return it as they had a released a new version.

It was very straight forward.

Soldato
Anyone owned an Ipad pro 10" and 12"? Trying to decide which one and tempted by the larger one ideally but worried it might be too big for the sofa etc.

I’ve got the 10” sitting next to me while typing this on the 12.9” (on the sofa btw!). When I bought the larger one, I was worried that it might be too big for everyday use. Now, I think the 10” one is too small... I seriously doubt you’ll regret buying the 12.9” iPad. It’s a great tablet.

Soldato
OP
Completely and utterly painless.
One last question, how does it need to be return just back in the plastic bag with obviously no scuffs etc on it? You can play about it with it for or so then return it ?

I’ve got the 10” sitting next to me while typing this on the 12.9” (on the sofa btw!). When I bought the larger one, I was worried that it might be too big for everyday use. Now, I think the 10” one is too small... I seriously doubt you’ll regret buying the 12.9” iPad. It’s a great tablet.

Thanks, in theory I'm testing the water until (hopefully) the new Ipads are announced and then I'll know what size I would like to buy. Anyone have any thoughts on using one as a Macbook replacement ?

Soldato
Depends on how you intend to use it. For web browsing, email, media consumption and even basic photo editing, the iPad is great. Add in a keyboard and it’s more than useable for typing duties. If you program then a MacBook will be more flexible, and of course there are a few bits and pieces where a general purpose machine is just plain better - as I said, it depends on what you intend to use the iPad/ MacBook for.

Commissario
One last question, how does it need to be return just back in the plastic bag with obviously no scuffs etc on it? You can play about it with it for or so then return it
Use it as much as you want but don’t damage it. When you’re done, sign out of iCloud, box it back up and take it back. That’s it.

Man of Honour
I returned a Homepod as I wasn't a massive fan of it. The speaker mesh had a mark on it somehow, almost as if one of the threads had been pulled. Return went through fine. I'm fairly certain everything that is returned will end up in the refurb queue anyway.

Associate
Cool thanks again - should be arriving tomorrow. Still no firm rumours on any new Ipads yet is there?

No firm rumours yet, they may be announced alongside the new iPhones in early/mid September or they might hold the iPad updates back for a separate event which could be October. I'm hoping they just announce them and make the available in the next few weeks - I have a 10.5" iPad Pro but I think I'll likely upgrade to a new 12.9" one if the rumours are true and it comes with thinner bezels and therefore physically smaller than the current gen 12.9" one. I use mine mainly for web browsing and media consumption and for that it's second to none.

Back
Top Bottom