Apple rumoured to release 27 inch mini-LED display in October

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Mini-LED is what they have on the current 14" and 16" MacBook Pros. They call it the Liquid Retina XDR.

This rumoured display will be pricy, if the Studio Display is anything to go by.

Studio Pro Display XDR :D

Soldato
I'm guessing $3500-4000.

isn't "micro-LED" the good thing? presumably "mini-LED" is something else that sounds like micro-LED but isn't?
Micro-LED is the good thing and the expected successor to OLED. That's at least 3-4 years away from consumer electronics, probably even more. Current Micro-LED TVs (99" from Samsung) cost about $150,000.

Caporegime
Mini-LED is what they have on the current 14" and 16" MacBook Pros. They call it the Liquid Retina XDR.

This rumoured display will be pricy, if the Studio Display is anything to go by.

Studio Pro Display XDR :D
As I understand it Mini-LED is a type of local dimming which has issues with blooming. Micro-LED is meant to be per pixel illumination like OLED so doesn't have blooming.

Soldato
As I understand it Mini-LED is a type of local dimming which has issues with blooming. Micro-LED is meant to be per pixel illumination like OLED so doesn't have blooming.
MicroLED literally has a separate LED per colour, so 3 per pixel, the problem at the moment is getting the LED's small enough for a 'normal' sized panel and also the fact they haven't got manufacturing sufficiently cheap enough yet, you think on a typical 4k display that's like 24 million separate LEDS that need installing.

Back
Top Bottom