Apple TV - Daft Question...

Soldato
Apologies for the daft question but I've had a look at one of these and dont want to waste money if it can't do what I want it to do.

I was wondering if I can have any apple device (phone, macbook) and stream to the TV without any lag?

I've seen some vids online showing some lag when doing this - anyone here own one and able to use it flawlessly?

I'm thinking airplay any photos/videos from anyones phone, ipad, laptop but only really want to do it if its a simple smooth process. I'm asking because I know there are sometimes some apps that are blocked to stream e.g. Sky? How about things like Amazon Prime from an iPad/Macbook? Or even mirroring the screen of a macbook to the TV.

Sorry for the daft question! Just hoping for some real life feedback :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Firstly, amazon prime etc, why would you need to airplay from a device when it’s built into the Apple TV?

I’ve played videos and pictures from my iPhone to my Apple TV and it was fine, no lag or stuttering.

I can try prime when I’m home from My iPad and iPhone if you’d like?

Anything else you’d like me to try?

Soldato
OP
Firstly, amazon prime etc, why would you need to airplay from a device when it’s built into the Apple TV?

I’ve played videos and pictures from my iPhone to my Apple TV and it was fine, no lag or stuttering.

I can try prime when I’m home from My iPad and iPhone if you’d like?

Anything else you’d like me to try?

Ah, forgot that it was build in! (That's fine then).

Thanks for the offer - can you test a macbook, phone and/or ipad on displaying its screen and using it as you normally would. I'm wondering if its lag free otherwise I might as well get a cable.... but its not as convenient if people are round and much more hassle trying to get someone to plug a cable in versus just throwing it onto airplay. e.g. 4k youtube vid played through the macbook (I know the youtube app is built in, but just thinking if I've found a vid and cba to copy/paste and search it on the actual app if there is any lag).

Thanks!

Soldato
Ah, forgot that it was build in! (That's fine then).

Thanks for the offer - can you test a macbook, phone and/or ipad on displaying its screen and using it as you normally would. I'm wondering if its lag free otherwise I might as well get a cable.... but its not as convenient if people are round and much more hassle trying to get someone to plug a cable in versus just throwing it onto airplay. e.g. 4k youtube vid played through the macbook (I know the youtube app is built in, but just thinking if I've found a vid and cba to copy/paste and search it on the actual app if there is any lag).

Thanks!
I don’t have a MacBook but I can try it on my iPhone and iPad Pro. :)

Back
Top Bottom