Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Just back from the Cinema and it was a lot better than i expected. I didnt have high expectation so perhaps that helped. It was very cheesy but nevertheless it was enjoyable enough. Much better than the marvels imo. It had quite a few laughs and gags so hard to take this movie serious at all. I guess that marks the end of the DC Synderverse then once and for all.

One thing i forgot to mentioned no where near as bad as some of the negative reviews. Its not end game or anything but its good enough for a good fun pop corn flick.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just back from the Cinema and it was a lot better than i expected.

Looking at the box office takings its seems to be a receiving a positive "word of mouth" effect, with the poor PR before hand giving way to "positive-ish" reports being passed around the viewers, which has generated a nice Christmas bump for the film in the US, plus its done really well in China, grossing over $30m so far just there where I don't think the pre-release "bad PR" had any effect, giving a worldwide figure of about $138m so far.

Looking at the figures I would guess it'll pass $250m worldwide, mostly based on this new "bump" of positive viewer reports, which is viewable in the projected box office vs actual box office graph used by "The Numbers" website -

So not a surprise smash and clearly nowhere near making a Billion like the first but its still looking better than The Marvels which still hasn't broke £200m yet, however neither film celebrates amazing story-telling and the low box office for most things right now shows that I think.

Soldato
It was ok, it's certainly a film but says it all when the most memorable bit for me now I'm home is how much Guinness must have paid for advertising.

Amber Heard was in it more than I thought she would be.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
yeah i noticed that product placement for Guinness at its best lol

Its a shame, for me the pinnacle of the Synderverse was the JLA Synder's cut. Had a lot of potential but i guess the WB exec wanted Marvel and thats where it went horribly wrong imo.

Last edited:
Soldato
I feel Snyder's dark/gritty "style" would have been best suited to being kept to just the Afleck Batman series, and that DC should've picked a vastly different director for the "brighter/hopeful" Superman series, maybe to match Patty Jenkin's brighter/hopeful Wonder Woman series. The last person in the DC arsenal that should ever have been given "hope personified" Superman is "Mr Dark & Gritty" Synder for me, but DC are where they are now all because of that decision right at the outset.

Man of Honour
Not really related to Aquaman but not sure where else to post it…

I saw that Joker 2 is coming out in October and I really loved the first film. But for the love of god, please please please keep (Patterson’s?) Batman and everyone else out of it. I’m so sick to death of crossovers and the need to ‘set up’ the next film - zzzzz.

Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
Saw this the other day and its ok - generous 7 out of 10 - it has all the usual tropes of a super hero film and does nothing new but whilst it has woke themes they are relevant to the plot and not Disney-level shoe horns lol..

Soldato
The Critical Drinker looks to have taken my post above and repeated it almost verbatim in his latest video - "its seems to be a receiving a positive "word of mouth" effect, with the poor PR before hand giving way to "positive-ish" reports being passed around the viewers" i.e. it's not as bad as we thought as its still only OK but it's come out too late.

This video has some spoilers it in it, be warned, but it doesn't discuss the entire plot of the film.

Last edited:
Associate
The Critical Drinker looks to have taken my post above and repeated it almost verbatim in his latest video - "its seems to be a receiving a positive "word of mouth" effect, with the poor PR before hand giving way to "positive-ish" reports being passed around the viewers" i.e. it's not as bad as we thought as its still only OK but it's come out too late.

Maybe the other way around? The video was reportedly released six hours before your post.

drinker1.png

Soldato
Aquaman and The Lost Turd Box Office Predictions

Predict the international box office takings for Aquaman and the lost kingdom movie within its first 4 weeks of its release. (Assuming it gets that long of a run)
Predictions can be changed upto 21st December.
The winner is the closest to actual box office takings without going over.

Prizes
1. A Sense of pride and Accomplishment
2. A trip to the lost city of Atlantis
3. Amber Heard through a letterbox of your choice.:p

Previous Films:
Aquaman - $1.152 Billion (Damn them women be thirsty)
Black Adams - $393 Million
The Flash - $270 Million
Shazam Fury of the Gods - $133.8 million

Current Predictions:
  1. Kyo - $290 million
  2. the shadow - $260 million
  3. Aquaman 2 (week 1) - $258 million
  4. Apex - $225 million
  5. Chuk_Chuk - $200 million
  6. ianh - $190 million
  7. Kakarott - $180 million
  8. Scrutinize - $169.5 million
  9. Jokestar - $150 million
  10. bigpig - $135 million
  11. C Kent - $110 million
  12. Something Daft Already - 2.5p ($0.04)

Aquaman 2 has made one hell of splash out of the gates eliminating all but two prediction :D .

Damn we were way off the mark with this one.

Last edited:
Soldato
Maybe the other way around? The video was reportedly released six hours before your post.

drinker1.png

Doh! :D

Does it still count if I only saw the video yesterday though? :confused: :D

Aquaman 2 has made one hell of splash out of the gates eliminating all but two prediction :D .

Damn we were way off the mark with this one.

See, this is how I thought The Marvels would go and I said so many times, with huge international sales making up for mediocre US sales, just to be proven wrong but what I think this film has shown most is that, even if a film has a lot of bad PR prior to release, if the film is at least "OK" to watch then it'll still do "OK" at the box office because of positive word of mouth amongst the viewers i.e. "it's not that bad" etc. All of which probably highlights just how bad The Marvels really was as a viewing experience for everyday folks.

Back
Top Bottom