Arcade High Scores! Current Game: Bad Dudes Vs. DragonNinja - COME ON IN!

First attempt at Battlezone. I was never very good at this.

zcZPURr.png

I had a go earlier and kept getting stuck with a tank behind me taking potshots which inevitably connect. Not sure what the best way to get out of that is.

What are people using as the default number of starting lives? My ROM is set to 3 as the default but I have seen some YouTube videos of people with more lives to start with.

lHa2dwN.jpeg

I bet this game was amazing back in 1980 but I can't say I like it all that much today. The RNG makes or breaks your high score and the controls don't feel great.

Yep the control is not simple. I'm always turning the wrong way and find I overshoot the tanks all to easily.,

Anyway 24,000 new best from me.

Yep the control is not simple. I'm always turning the wrong way and find I overshoot the tanks all to easily.,

Anyway 24,000 new best from me.

My tactic when an enemy tank is out of my vision when it spawns is just to drive away from it until it leaves the radar and a new enemy spawns, this time hopefully visible to you.

If you try to turn to see an enemy tank when it is outside of your vision, more often than not it will get the drop on you.

A good tactic. I used it a few times. If you take too long the game throws a 2000 point ship at you, which seems like an upgrade.

New score 32,000. Made it to the super tanks this time.

Back
Top Bottom