Arcade machines in VR

Soldato
I've already got a full size Mame arcade machine and a Star Wars repro so this isn't actually that interesting to me, unfortunately.
The thing with Arcade games is you really need the physical controls as they are a large part of the experience.
Though maybe the ambience of walking around a virtual arcade with all the sounds could be nostalgic, but I have Arcade Club and Play Expo for that.

Soldato
There been a pinball game like that in VR for ages, also some other retro classics that play on a virtual console, all of them pretty good.

The pinball one is awesome and definitely worth a look, Pinball FX or something, been a while since I checked it out.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Lottery winning dreams this stuff chaps.

But would want a Original Gauntlet and Outrun machines, then a nice MAME cabinet in the hallway :)

Soldato
Lottery winning dreams this stuff chaps.

But would want a Original Gauntlet and Outrun machines, then a nice MAME cabinet in the hallway :)

I got my dream machine which is an Atari Star Wars Arcade 1up repro, but I'd love a Battlezone.

Trouble is I've run out of room. I'm tempted to investigate a garden office I could turn into a mancave arcade and get a few more machines. The Arcade1Ups can often be found on sale pretty cheap.

Soldato
Got around to giving this a go today, the amount of work this guy has put in is outstanding. Everything being out there, he's collated all the artwork, labels and attracts, and built a monster of an arcade with some custom cabs i think?.

Surprised he's letting this one go for free, it could quite easily be paywalled. Lack of sports games is a little deflating, and not too sure about playing Bomb Jack in a candy cab thou.:eek:

Man of Honour
version 2.0.1 of this has been released now you can walk around properly rather than teleporting which makes lining up with the machines easier it's still another 6Gb download though i wish he'd just release an executable

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom