Arctic Freezer 240 AIO fan noise

Associate
I came from an arctic freezer 34 using a 120mm noctua 1700rpm fan on my 5600x with temps hitting 65c to 70c. I decided to get the AIO and things appeared to but temps still hitting above 65c under load.

Today I have had the pump off and reapplied mx4 to test the temps and ordered 2 noctua fans to replace the very loud arctic fans.

I was wondering how many others have had issues with fan noise and poor cooling with this AIO.

If all else fails I will go back to the freezer 34.

Caporegime
I have the 240 and no issues with fan noise. Have them running in a silent profile off my mobo header and they're perfect.

We're you running the fans full chat? What CPU?

Soldato
When i was using my 360mm AFII, the fans where loud.

Think this was just the air being pushed through the rad as when i changed to silent mode it was very quiet.

The most annoying

thing was the small VRAM fan, but was also solved by silent mode.

5600x with temps hitting 65c to 70c

Doesn't seem bad to me if that is under load.

Associate
No issues, but using the 360 one.
The 3900x won't require more than 50-60% to offer near best performance.
Tried different versions of the ACII 360, and every unit had a sweet spot for noise level, but always between 50-60, without affecting performance.
Unless the case is on the desk, inches from your ear, I can't imagine how you was able to hear the MOSFET fan.
The unit at 60% is as quiet as the Dark Rock Pro 4 I used for a while, but they act as exhaust, no pretty much all the heat is exhaust, no need for another fans to do that.

Associate
OP
No issues, but using the 360 one.
The 3900x won't require more than 50-60% to offer near best performance.
Tried different versions of the ACII 360, and every unit had a sweet spot for noise level, but always between 50-60, without affecting performance.
Unless the case is on the desk, inches from your ear, I can't imagine how you was able to hear the MOSFET fan.
The unit at 60% is as quiet as the Dark Rock Pro 4 I used for a while, but they act as exhaust, no pretty much all the heat is exhaust, no need for another fans to do that.

Think for me its case airflow, any back on an air cooler now using the noctua fans. Putting the cooler on the MM later.

Associate
My 5600x and AF 2 280mm will only hit low 60s after stress and testing or gaming. Rapidly falls back to high 20s low 30s when returning to idle.

Wouldn't expect the 240 to be that different, the 280 is overkill for a 5600x

No issues with the Arctic fans noisewise either.
Made the mistake of reusing the Lian Li stock fans at the top of my Lancool 2. Will swap then for Nocturas next week when off work

Associate
OP
My 5600x and AF 2 280mm will only hit low 60s after stress and testing or gaming. Rapidly falls back to high 20s low 30s when returning to idle.

Wouldn't expect the 240 to be that different, the 280 is overkill for a 5600x

No issues with the Arctic fans noisewise either.
Made the mistake of reusing the Lian Li stock fans at the top of my Lancool 2. Will swap then for Nocturas next week when off work

Ok Im putting it down to airflow as my aircooler is noisy lol. I give up now and not going to swap it back over.

Back
Top Bottom