ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 AM4 Monting brackets

Soldato
Hoping can someone can point out the obvious to me.

Ive been using the freezer 2 on my Intel 4790k for a while and its been great. Im finally making the jump to the new AMDs once stock comes in, no doubt next year.

I was looking at the vids around mounting it to the AM4.

And looking at the part needed (around 11 secs in) it clearly shows a bracket I dont dont have in the box I dug out.

This one

OB5VTXr.jpg

I looked online and it is not part of the what they ship.

Wi5NwHS.jpg
Wi5NwHS.jpg

Someone put me out of my missery. Do these come when buying a AM4 motherboard or something?

Soldato
OP
Be interested to see what they say. I fancy getting one of these but have heard of the awkward mounting on AM4. If you can get the mounting kit direct from them it takes the lottery out of buying one and not knowing what mounting brackets will be in the box.

interesting the picture for the 420 version shows the new bracket. So I think it’s safe to say that they now ship with AM4 brackets.

Soldato
OP
Just use whatever one secures it best, don't get hung up on the VRM, I'm not saying its a gimmick, but its something none of the other AIOs have, so it doesn't have to be blowing onto your VRM.

Getting getting stable contact is far more important.

Soldato
OP
You could have tried all mounting options in the time it took you to write all that :p

a) Yes

b) No idea. Just use the new bracket. It’s a far more robust mounting.

Back
Top Bottom