ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 AM4 Monting brackets

Soldato
Hoping can someone can point out the obvious to me.

Ive been using the freezer 2 on my Intel 4790k for a while and its been great. Im finally making the jump to the new AMDs once stock comes in, no doubt next year.

I was looking at the vids around mounting it to the AM4.

And looking at the part needed (around 11 secs in) it clearly shows a bracket I dont dont have in the box I dug out.

This one

OB5VTXr.jpg

I looked online and it is not part of the what they ship.

Wi5NwHS.jpg
Wi5NwHS.jpg

Someone put me out of my missery. Do these come when buying a AM4 motherboard or something?

Caporegime
Arctic recently amended the AM4 brackets to make installation easier and the new bracket ships with new product from last month I think. You can get it on the Arctic website.

Associate
Thanks, the only thing I can see on their website is this.

https://www.arctic.ac/en/AMD-AM4-Backplate-Set-Full-Accessory/MPSAS00431A

But that doesnt show the mounting clips either.

Ive emailed their support to see if they can shed any light.

Be interested to see what they say. I fancy getting one of these but have heard of the awkward mounting on AM4. If you can get the mounting kit direct from them it takes the lottery out of buying one and not knowing what mounting brackets will be in the box.

Soldato
OP
Be interested to see what they say. I fancy getting one of these but have heard of the awkward mounting on AM4. If you can get the mounting kit direct from them it takes the lottery out of buying one and not knowing what mounting brackets will be in the box.

interesting the picture for the 420 version shows the new bracket. So I think it’s safe to say that they now ship with AM4 brackets.

Associate
interesting the picture for the 420 version shows the new bracket. So I think it’s safe to say that they now ship with AM4 brackets.

I did notice that. Their latest installation video for both the 360 and 420 show the same hardware as well. However, there will be older stock around that will come without the bracket and it would be nice to know that I can get the appropriate mounting hardware if required.

I did read elsewhere that some motherboards come with backplates that have longer screw holes and make the mounting impossible. Presumably the link you posted earlier is the appropriate backplate for these coolers.

Soldato
I recently bought the `new` brackets from Artic watch out for the shipping
brkts were something like 2 euros and shipping was about 8 euros:eek::mad:
Not fitted them yet as already mounted using `original` brkts.Was a bit of a faff but not impossible

Associate
I recently bought the `new` brackets from Artic watch out for the shipping
brkts were something like 2 euros and shipping was about 8 euros:eek::mad:
Not fitted them yet as already mounted using `original` brkts.Was a bit of a faff but not impossible

Great. Did you have to contact Artic to get them or did you order from their website? If so do you have a link?

Associate
Bitten the bullet and ordered one from OcUK. The 360 is out of stock at the moment but my thinking - perhaps falsely - is that this means it is more likely to be a revision 2 and include the new AM4 mounting brackets.

Caporegime
They've made a few revisions to these products, with the latest rev (3 i believe) being the easiest to install. I was able to install the rev 1 and 2 just fine though so it's not too difficult.

Associate
Related - but I bought a 280 and received the new mounting kit for AM4.

The instructions provided (online manual they link to in the box, youtube videos, etc) show the old mounting method - which uses different screws. As I didn't have the required screws as per the instructions provided, I thought I was shipped a bad unit, so sent it back and ordered another (to save time).

Received another, and got the same newer revised mounting kit. So dug a little deeper and finally figured out that they've revised the mounting kit without actually updating their instructions for the 280. It's ridiculous that they'd think that would be a good idea. I wonder how many people like me are going to receive these units and also be as confused as I was.

I raised a support ticket with them telling them that they need to revise the online manual they link to in the box and perhaps put out new videos on youtube for their smaller models too.

Back
Top Bottom