• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

are all ryzen processors unlocked

Soldato
Without trying to get you to spend more money you may want to consider the 1500x at least.
Of course it depends what you want to do with you computer but the results so far point to the 1400 being the runt. Lower memory speeds and lower overclocks have been noticed on the 1400.
For a gaming rig I'd recommend the 1600. 2 extra cores 4 extra threads and an extra 8mb cache and higher clock speed for £50 is a bit of a bargain.

Soldato
OP
i didnt realize the 1400 was out till i was speccing for someone on here lol, i have read up and down reviews on overclocking ryzen on here and on the internet, that is why i wondered.. tbh i wouldnt get the 1600 given how close the 1500x and the 1600x are in a games benchmark video i watched, so the non X versions would be similar and the 1500 is cheaper.

right now im using my computer as general with gaming and youtube/online movie watching aswell and probably use my midi keyboard again, just started back on the division and RB6S along with mad max and no mans sky which my system places fine and recently got anno 2205, im just weighing up getting an i5 4460 or save up for a whole new build now im back to pc gaming just without big spending as i still have my xbox one and will buy games for it and given i have BO3, IW, FO4, GTA5, FH3, those are games bar FO4 i will not buy for pc and BF1 or ME:A dont interest me.

Soldato
The R5 1400 has half the L3 cache of the other Ryzen chips and much lower boost clock speeds. It still has its cores split between two CCXs so there's no benefit to be had there either. Basically you should be going for an R5 1500X at least, and with the R5 1600 only £15 more for two extra physical cores, the R5 1500X is also a stupid buy.

As others have said, go R5 1600.

Back
Top Bottom