Apocalypto
Gladiator
Serenity
Star Wars
Donnie Darko

All Great Films to name a few.

Permabanned
K-PAX.

Caught it on telly the other night...Hadn't seen it since it's cinematic release.

I had forgotten just how good a film it was. Same as when I saw it in the cinema, it had me bawling my eyes out by the end...And, same as when I first saw it, I don't know why...

*n

Soldato
wow did not expect so many replys:)

from my memory films that ive enjoyed:

infernal affairs
ratatouile
lotr trilogy
godfather series
shawshank
the deer hunter
the matrix
spiderman

..... and more i cant think of

recent films that i have not enjoyed:

no country for old men ( just a bit long and slow going for me)
i am legend ( no action and crap ending)
transformers
the kingdom

You do realise that it's not an action film don't you? Try reading the book then re watch the film, the book is about 1 man left alive in a world where a virus has wiped out about 99% of the worlds population. I won't say anymore as it spoils the book. Oh and I agree with the ending, as do a lot of people, they completely didn't get the point of the story and gave it an "American" ending :(

Soldato
the only film i can think of where i dont get tired of watching it several times is Falling Down. what a classic film of having a bad day. it could happen to anyone, so we can all relate to it as well. and i love the burger bar scene :D "sorry sir we stopped serving breakfast at 11"

Permabanned
Im finding this more and more with moden day movies which I think contributes to the "pirate era" whereby people just download the lower quality avi to watch once then bin. If films were better in the first place, maybe it would encourage more people to buy them outright on DVD to own to watch again and again. Can of worms opened :)

Permabanned
Im finding this more and more with moden day movies which I think contributes to the "pirate era" whereby people just download the lower quality avi to watch once then bin. If films were better in the first place, maybe it would encourage more people to buy them outright on DVD to own to watch again and again. Can of worms opened :)

I think the so-called pirate era has come about because of high-speed internet connections to be honest... I do agree that films have been dumbed-down to a large extent now to attract the largest possible viewing audience. Look at what has happened recently with Die Hard, Transformers and Aliens Vs Predaotor.... Will we ever get films as good as Aliens and the original Predator again? I won't be holding my breath!

Soldato
I think the people who said that there haven't been any good releases recently are being a bit dramatic. Even if they arent its like raymond lin said, if you pick a few classics out(out of the thousands were released) from the best part of 30 years you cant expect anything other than a minimal amount of new releases to compare to them.

Bar shawshank redemption/forrest gump all of my favourite films are newer ones but maybe thats because im a bit younger than some on here and films with an old feel to them generally dont interest me as much

Soldato
I think Raymond's definitely made the best point - it's the same with music.

When you think of older music and older films you conveniently forget about all the total, total bilge that's constantly coming out and has been since the dawn of time, and only remember the great stuff. It's the same today. Loads of turds, some great films in there. It's just that the turds, so to speak, are being shoved in our faces as opposed to lost in the depths of time, so they're more.. offensive. No one likes turds stuck in their face.

Soldato
Me too. Had never heard of it before, was recommened by a mate and was damn glad I've seen it now. Very underrated film I think, and Costner played the part brilliant.

Watched 'Mr.Brooks' last night - really enjoyed it from start to finish.

Definatly gets my vote!

Back
Top Bottom