• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are low-mid range cards also over priced?

Soldato
A mate of mine wants me to build him a new gaming PC but i'm out of the loop having not bought any components in quite a few years. I reckon he'll be wanting to pay £300-400 for the graphics card but i've no idea if cards in this price range are over priced in the same the high end ones are.

Thanks

Soldato
A mate of mine wants me to build him a new gaming PC but i'm out of the loop having not bought any components in quite a few years. I reckon he'll be wanting to pay £300-400 for the graphics card but i've no idea if cards in this price range are over priced in the same the high end ones are.

Thanks

All graphics cards world wide are currently over priced in any tier.

Man of Honour

Thanks
Cards like the 3060 Ti and 3070 were supposed to be in this price range, and the 1660 and RX 5500 (now £350+) were sub-£200 parts.

Associate
gtx X70 series cards before pascal could be had for under £300. now they are over £500 msrp. actual available stock is over £650.

Permabanned
You didn't notice they all are? All cards at the moment are way, way over-priced. I don't think it's possible to get anything at less than about double what you should be paying for it.

Soldato
Short answer yes.

I got my 1030 GT new for £30, good luck finding a £30 GPU brand new today thats not one on borrowed time for driver support.

Then you have the 50/50ti/60 tiers that should be £150-250 range.

OcUK Staff
Radeon 6600xt and 6600 are said to be out next month, might be worth checking the price and availability of them, AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT and non-XT launching on August 11th (fudzilla.com)

The price I’ve been quoted I’ve actually refused the stock and will stand my ground until the prices improves otherwise we probably won’t even bother listing it.

We’re pushing hard at the moment for 3060 deals, got some cards sub £500 now but we’re pushing to get prices ideally sub £400 on the 3060.

Associate
I know that price of GDDR6 has shot up and with 3060 having 12GB of it sub £400 cards will be reasonable in this market for an AIB with a good cooler

Caporegime
The price I’ve been quoted I’ve actually refused the stock and will stand my ground until the prices improves otherwise we probably won’t even bother listing it.

We’re pushing hard at the moment for 3060 deals, got some cards sub £500 now but we’re pushing to get prices ideally sub £400 on the 3060.

must be frustrating then again i seen some 3060ti the other day quite a few of them going for 369. so some people are getting them at the right prices. get the whip out. :p

Associate
Every GPU component is over priced currently and hardware vendors are more than happy to up their margins at every opportunity

At some point surely we are going to hit market saturation and see a return to normality, either that or the high end hardware gets ever more thinly spread and you simply don't see modern demanding titles. I mean once you can do 4k @120hz its really only VR that's pushing those boundaries

Back
Top Bottom