• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are the RX5700 XT drivers stable now?

Associate
As per the thread title... I'm trying to get a feel for whether an RX5700 XT will be a hassle-free purchase.

I would be using it with an MSI B450M MORTAR MAX and a Ryzen 5 3600x.

Associate
OP
@Engram you gonna bite the bullet and get one dude?

I dunno. I think the non XT version is better value (price per FPS) at £299, although there's no indication of when it will actually arrive in stock. It also seems like the non XT versions have fewer driver issues (based on all the forum/Reddit lurking I've done over the last week).

At the same time, I have the components for a Ryzen 5 build arriving early next week, so I need something!

Associate
OP
I'm referring to the cables that came with my PSU though. My PSU came with a cable that terminates in 2x 6+2 PCI-E, but it plugs into a single socket on the PSU.

Associate
OP
They are supposed to get pretty hot!

I've decided to get the non-XT version of the same card (same cooler etc). The performance is still amazing (coming from my HD 7950!), it's £75 cheaper, and there seem to be fewer driver issues with the non-XT.

Hopefully I can report my findings next week, when I've got everything up and running.

Associate
OP
A quick update on my Gigabyte RX5700 Gaming OC (not the XT). I installed it yesterday and played some GTA 5 and Doom (the new one, obviously!) and no problems so far. I'm using the latest 19.12.3 driver.

The rest of the build is: Ryzen 5 3600X, 16GB 3600MHz RAM, MSI B450M MORTAR MAX.

Back
Top Bottom