Are the White Cliffs of Dover painted white ?

Associate
Now i may be the last one to know this but we were just watching a film that showed the cliffs and my son said "did you know that they are painted white" of course i replied with "dont be so stupid and how would you know that", he replied "i have a mate who told me who used to live there and they employ painters every few years to paint them"................i did a quick google and found this tho'

http://www.rocknroll.f9.co.uk/faceHair/conspir.htm

you cant seriously tell me it true :eek:

Soldato
Ive heard they use them Ronseal Quick Spray Paint jobbies after seeing the advert of the bloke spraying his entire fence in 10 seconds. They get the entire cliffs done in under a day. Amazing!

Associate
OP
:D

Na, seriously it's not true.

It is now revealed for the first time that The White Cliffs are painted white and were actually brown. And that there is a team of painters that work tirelessly, under the cover of darkness to keep the white cliffs white.

The whole business started in the second world war when a government department was formed under the war office to add to the nostalgia of blighty for the leaving troops and to help with propaganda they commissioned sir Elton john to write the white cliffs of Dover song for Vera Lynn to sing
And they also interfered with the play lists at radio one to force it to stay in the top ten all through the war, even though it was often kept off the top spot by I will always love you by Whitney Houston and everything I do I do it for you by Brian Adams.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Perhaps i should have read it properly

Soldato
Now i may be the last one to know this but we were just watching a film that showed the cliffs and my son said "did you know that they are painted white" ......

you cant seriously tell me it true :eek:

It is true - and have you heard that they have just taken the word gullible out of the dictionary :)

Soldato
Seriously though - I've worked in Whitecliff Maintenance Ltd for the last 6 years. Our role is to keep the cliffs a sparkly white 365 days a year. It's not easy though - despite the pictures, it is a BIG place. It takes us a day to do about 15 metres wide of the cliff (for those in the know, this take 140cu of emulsion per day!)

Seriously guys - it's not an easy job, and it's certainly not safe. We've lost a few of he lads over the years, and I'd like to think they've not passed in vain.

Soldato
Seriously though - I've worked in Whitecliff Maintenance Ltd for the last 6 years. Our role is to keep the cliffs a sparkly white 365 days a year. It's not easy though - despite the pictures, it is a BIG place. It takes us a day to do about 15 metres wide of the cliff (for those in the know, this take 140cu of emulsion per day!)

Seriously guys - it's not an easy job, and it's certainly not safe. We've lost a few of he lads over the years, and I'd like to think they've not passed in vain.

Seriously, win.

Associate

Epic win.

Soldato
Seriously, win.

It's not intelectual, but it's a good job nonetheless. I would like to think that although not being acedemic i am still able to make it in life.

There are 2 people in life - those who know they need to sort **** out, and those who don't know they need to sort **** out.

Caporegime
Some one should paint on them...

'If you read this you are gay'

And then all the French people will read it and it will mean that they are gay.

:D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom