Are there any non Z370 'Premium' boards with USB3.0 Gen 2 headers?

Soldato
Looking to build my new rig and gonna make it a bit more future proof.

I was gonna look to get the Asus Prime Z370-A and a case with USB type C I/O but reading into these marketing terms I need a USB3.0 Gen 2 header and not Gen 1 and I'm only seeing these on the premium boards which are starting to cost more.

So my question as per title above?

Also what ever case I end up purchasing with a Type C I/O will they be compatible with both Gen 1 and Gen 2?

Thanks

Soldato
Looking to build my new rig and gonna make it a bit more future proof.

I was gonna look to get the Asus Prime Z370-A and a case with USB type C I/O but reading into these marketing terms I need a USB3.0 Gen 2 header and not Gen 1 and I'm only seeing these on the premium boards which are starting to cost more.

So my question as per title above?

Also what ever case I end up purchasing with a Type C I/O will they be compatible with both Gen 1 and Gen 2?

Thanks

Do you mean 3.1 Gen 2???

or 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 1 for cases with Front USB C port ??

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £142.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Chipset+ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 Controller: 1 x USB Type-C™ port on the back panel, with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A port (red) on the back panel Chipset: 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header 6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header) 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)

your case should work fine with either gen 1 or 2 - connectors the same, just means if you have a USB C Gen two product connected it'll transfer at Gen One speed .​

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Back
Top Bottom