Are there any pc controllers that offer heptapic like the ps5?

Associate

Trying to wean myself off my xbox and ps5 now I have a pc that puts them into the shade but the weak point for me has always been the controllers, I know most will say use a mouse /keyboard/wheel/yoke etc.

But for casual I'd like a pad that offers the same as the ps5, is there such a thing? Wireless would be even better if course.

Thanks very much

Associate
OP
So is the general consensus these days that a xbox and or ps5 pa's is the best to use with the pc? Is there nothing pc specific that offers more?

Soldato
PC is not really a controller device dedicated console peripherals are built to last because its essential to their function, on PC's its an afterthought and a minority interest at that

Associate
OP
Yeah that makes sense, I just can't use a keyboard and mouse when it comes to shooting games, too many years spent on console

Soldato
The PS5 controller can work with the PC, but the default for most games is the xbox.

As for the haptics, they do work but only in a limited number of games.

More info, the second link lists supported games:

I personally use an Xbox Series controller with my PC and 99% of games work with it out of the gate.

Just to note, you can make the PS5 controller work with pretty much any PC game, you just can't guarantee that the haptic features will function or that you'll get the right on screen button prompts.

Last edited:
Associate

Trying to wean myself off my xbox and ps5 now I have a pc that puts them into the shade but the weak point for me has always been the controllers, I know most will say use a mouse /keyboard/wheel/yoke etc.

But for casual I'd like a pad that offers the same as the ps5, is there such a thing? Wireless would be even better if course.

Thanks very much
I only really use a steam controller these days which has good haptic feedback. I'm not sure what a ps5 controller brings to the table since I've never used one. Does it do something special?

Soldato
I'm not sure what a ps5 controller brings to the table since I've never used one. Does it do something special?

Pretty standard apart from the triggers can fight back so to speak. The game can manipulate the force needed to squeeze them...

Tends to be only PS5 games which use them on PC though, although there maybe others that I've not heard about which do

Last edited:
Associate
Pretty standard apart from the triggers can fight back so to speak. The game can manipulate the force needed to squeeze them...

Tends to be only PS5 games which use them on PC though, although there maybe others that I've not heard about which do
That's pretty neat! Shame it's not widely supported on PC though.

Back
Top Bottom