• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are these memory artifacts?

Soldato
Hi I decided to do a little over-clocking on my gpu - which is already been overclocked a fair bit.
I was playing gta:sa then suddeny i look at this man and he has silver spikes coming out of him everywhere, i tried to take a screen of it but then the whole screens goes like the man was when i take the screen

Am I right in thinking that my memory overclock is too much? doesnt look like a core problem but I maybe wrong.

Associate
As above but that effect can also be due to compatibility issues and drivers.

Can you reproduce the error each time?

Soldato
OP
Well I played the game and finished it, decided to overclock my gpu and play it again - never had this problem before however I'am playing this game with aa/af on the notch 1 now that could affect things, I've decided to put my memory down a bit im 90% sure its that, if it continues i'll be back here :D

n3x

n3x

Associate
i overclocked my gfx card ram to 1200mhz and ran 3dmark06...fine. So then decided to play nfsmw and after 5 seconds i had triangles flying around all over the place! I put the ram back to stock and now its fine, im pretty sure thats what u'r experiencing!

Soldato
OP
ye i keep lowering my core accidently thinking it was that but really its my ram that sux but my cores preety good lol, the core matters most anyways

Back
Top Bottom