Are these pics any good?

Permabanned
monkey11li1.jpg

monkey3pp7.jpg

monkey12autojf8.jpg

Associate
I think they look nice mate.

I do think they lack the character (and or 'wow' factor) that some photographers seem to put into their photos, yet these are certainly good examples of nice, crisp 'standard' images.

Of course, I may be 100% wrong as I know sweet F.A. about photography, but its just what I picked up on my limited knowledge.

Well done from me.

Associate
The first one looks like it's quite badly over exposed. From the looks of things the camera has taken the reading from the orangutan's face which is in shadow resulting in the highlights being blown out. If your camera has a histogram function when reviewing images then try checking it in situations like this. If their is a peak at the right hand side your blowing out highlights and you need to ajust the exposure slightly (Use a narrower apature, shorter shutter speed or lower ISO).

Again it looks like the highlights are blowen out in the grass in number 2. I think this one could be improved by moving down and to the right to get rid of the log to the left and whatever that is thats creeping into the top right hand corner.

The 3rd one I quite like but again looks like theirs a few blown highlights. What would really help with this picture though is eye contact with the orangutan

Soldato
Fair attempt, but you should watch your exposures, as above. The first was shot at ISO400, but it looks pretty sunny out there - did it need to be that high? Not really sure how fast they were all moving, so I can't say that you're doing anything wrong here, though if they weren't jumping about, you should be able to handhold 1/60ish and get a sharp image.

To give them a little more pop, you can just do some contrast and saturation work in PS or the GIMP. A bit of sharpening might be good as well to really pick out the hair. Obviously, the top of 2 should be cropped off to make it a better shot.

Back
Top Bottom