• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Are these temps something to worry about?

Associate
Hello, i have noticed recently that the temperatures for my GPU and CPU have raised a little, now i am in england and it has been INCREDIBLY hot here, so im assuming that is what is raising the tempretures, but is my CPU getting to hot?
Before the heatwave in england, the max temp i would get whilst gaming would be 63-66C, but recently ive noticed im now getting 71C max, is this to high, and could this cause any damage? im using the stock heatsink also. Thanks a lot!

My build:
Ram: 8GB (2x4) 1333MHz RAM Speed, CAS 9-9-9-24 Timings, 1.5v VDIMM, Lifetime Warranty with Corsair.
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (Ivy Bridge) Socket LGA1155 Processor £155
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43 Intel Z77 Socket 1155 DDR3 PCI-Express Motherboard £80
Graphics Card: MSI HD 7870 Black Knight OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card [R7870-2GD5T/OC] £180
HDD: 500GB Seagate Barracuda ST500DM002 3.5" SATA III Hard Drive £40
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 Black Midi Tower Window Gaming Case £40
PSU:600W Corsair Builder Series 600CX 80PLUS Bronze Power Supply £50
DVD burner: Samsung SH-118AB/BEBE Black 18x SATA DVD ROM - OEM £10

Associate
yeah that is a bit hot for your CPU,your Tcase is 67.4°C so not a lot of room left to play with if youre wanting to keep it cool,take Hyburnates advice !

Soldato
That's fine, a little high but its ok. I would recommend buying an aftermarket heatsink

+1

You can pick up a good after market cooler for little cost and it will make a significant difference on your temps. Plus, you have a 'K' series CPU, so you could also do some overclocking. It's all good ! :)

Associate
OP
so just to reiterate, these temps are a little high but not dangerously high? so no damage will be caused to my system with these temps?

Associate
OP
thank you guys so much for the help!
if anyone could recommend a heat-sink for me, id appreciate it. im in a bit of a budget, and i would preferably prefer one that is simple to install, and that comes with decent-standard thermal-paste.
and would i have to remove my motherboard from the case to install a new heatsink?

Back
Top Bottom