Are your HomePods working? Mine can't tell me the time any more.

Commissario
This worked perfectly yesterday but today, all my HomePods can't tell me the time at home, although they can tell me the time in different countries.

Tested this on multiple HomePod minis and a couple of original full size HomePods.

"Hey Siri, what's the time?"
"I found some web results, I can show you if you ask again from your iPhone."
"Hey Siri, what's the time in Spain?"
"It's ten sixteen in Madrid, Spain."

Anyone else got the same problem today?

Commissario
OP
Super strange. Maybe a firmware bug?

Is it a function you use regularly? If so, maybe get in touch with Apple, otherwise you could try waiting.
Yes, daily. We don't have any clocks in the bedroom so it's normal to ask the question. There was no firmware update overnight.

This is why I'm asking if anyone else has the same problem.

Soldato
Yes, daily. We don't have any clocks in the bedroom so it's normal to ask the question. There was no firmware update overnight.

This is why I'm asking if anyone else has the same problem.

Hmm, super strange.

You've been through all the troubleshooting steps I can think of.

So it's all your HomePods in your home? And they seemingly all stopped being able to tell the time at the same time? You mentioned you've reset one of them as well.

Does HomePod do voice recognition? I ask as I've had weird things with my Google setup, whereby it can't answer a question if I ask it, but will if my other half does, and vice versa - questions which aren't unique to us, either.

Maybe an API error for whichever server they pull the time from for UK, as it seemed to work for Spain. What if you ask "what is the time in London?"

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
So it's all your HomePods in your home? And they seemingly all stopped being able to tell the time at the same time? You mentioned you've reset one of them as well.
They worked yesterday, they don't work today. I don't know if they all stopped at the same time but I would assume so.

Does HomePod do voice recognition? I ask as I've had weird things with my Google setup, whereby it can't answer a question if I ask it, but will if my other half does, and vice versa - questions which aren't unique to us, either.
My wife tried this morning and she gets the same.

What if you ask "what is the time in London?"
It tells me the time in London.

I wondered if it had lost my location but if I ask where one of my friends are, it tells me in miles.

Associate
@Feek: I have the same issue. It works with Siri on iPhone and iPad, but stopped working on either of my HomePods yesterday. I also updated one of the iPads to iPadOS 17.4 yesterday, not sure if there could be a causal relation.

Soldato
All of mine are working ok although I don’t ask them the time very often. They do glitch quite a bit though. Sometimes they just completely ignore me altogether or play in a different room than requested.

Back
Top Bottom