Arizona nine-year old in Uzi gun lesson accident

Soldato
I was talking about fully automatic guns, most people will be carrying semi-automatic pistols. Home defence can be stuff like shotguns and rifles but you could see how a fully automatic weapon might be a problem in your home.

Permabanned
No one is going to use a p90 for home defense (other than maybe criminals), the penetration on that thing would make it way too unsafe.

Over penetration is a problem right down to pistols simply because of what the majority of American houses are made from (timber frame, partition studs). Apparently the P90 round actually poses less of a risk of over penetration than 9mm rounds due to it losing more of it's velocity at a much shorter range than 9mm rounds. Add in hollow points and the 5.27x28mm is probably a safer round / weapon in a home environment.

Edit: Here's Hickok45 with a video on the FN Five Seven. Pistol that uses the 5.27x28mm ammunition that the P90 uses.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dunno.

I can see how a 9yr old girl would need to engage 20+ people in close quarters combat. Arizona is a tough place. It's worse than the Gaza Strip you know.

My son turns 4 next May then he's going to start RPG training. Just never know when you got to take down an APC on the mean streets of Nottingham.

Robin Hood style, but a modern twist, an RPG'ing kid?

Soldato
Over penetration is a problem right down to pistols simply because of what the majority of American houses are made from (timber frame, partition studs). Apparently the P90 round actually poses less of a risk of over penetration than 9mm rounds due to it losing more of it's velocity at a much shorter range than 9mm rounds. Add in hollow points and the 5.27x28mm is probably a safer round / weapon in a home environment.

I doubt it's going to lose enough velocity to stop it going through a wall at about 20 feet or less.

Back
Top Bottom