Arma 3: Altis Life

Associate
CPC ARMA 3: Altis Rebels - Taking Hostages!

*** FOOTAGE FROM CPC ALTIS LIFE SERVER ***

We got some Civillian hostages to bargain with the Police for a helicopter and $300k.

Stargater07

Soldato
OP
Server is still going strong guys.

We've got a talented coder onboard who's provided us with some very good features and more to come, I believe he's also a member of this forum though I can't remember his username here!

One of the best features is for both admins and players, the ability to see if the person killing in a safezone is permitted to or not. The reason for this is, because rebels are a focal point.. previously it had to be authorized by admins and it was a massive admin nightmare, now it is all self authorized.. but its not cheap, it means to be able to kill in safezones you must have earned enough money to purchase a licence and clothing. Civilians can also kill any rebels anywhere, though they become fugitives and must stand a trial (depending on the officer depends on the type of trial you'll stand!)

This is very much like TK punishing in other games, three strikes and you're out. Same goes for VDMing (which is banned on the server in all safezones regardless) - except with VDMing they lose their vehicle to until server restart and the server is alerted to make it easier to report! It also shows up in our own logs incase people try to fake it of course :)

Few ideas that are coming:

Dynamic market, random events to increase or decrease value of certain items which will give all items and jobs a reason to do ready for the day that the stock market booms!

Of course, medics are on the way - we're waiting on Tonic to fix it but if he doesn't we'll go ahead and see if we can do it ourselves which is a case of when, not if really.

Some simple things for new players, cash regenerating on server restart where as most servers once its gone, its gone which can be a bit of a PITA.

So much has changed in the last few months, its just easier to have a quick read from here: http://www.cpc-gaming.eu/forum/page/2/m/12670048/viewthread/10927823-altis-life-changelog#last

Read backwards to get a view on what we're doing.

We're still hosting basic training sessions and they work well, we have a very organic police ranking structure aswell as training more into the milsim side of things to better organize as a team, rather than a bunch of randoms who join the server and get murdered! All in all, a bit of fun for anyone involved!

Just want to let it be known that we don't at all profess to be the original creator of Altis Life. That is of course Tonic as you'll see in the changelog above, we have made so many small changes though that almost anything you do if it breaks or works different to what you expect is down to us to fix. Many changes arent just config changes or tweaks but entire rewrites of scripts including the VDM/RDM auto punish above.

Soldato
OP
You don't lose your gear or items if you get killed within a safezone now. You die but you respawn with all your gear.

We've disallowed running players over in MRAPs (Ifrits and Hunters) because they are practically impossible to disable but we didnt want to remove them as they do serve a good purpose.

Much more information on the change here:

http://www.cpc-gaming.eu/forum/m/12670048/viewthread/13194553-altis-life-major-changes-to-vdm-rdm

We have a massive list of new things we want to put in but it takes time of course!

Always trying to automate things but it can be difficult, the basics of the auto punish for RDM/VDM is similar to what you get on most servers for TKing(team killing) where if you TK a couple of times it'll kick you, instead however players lose their gear, vehicles and get jailed. Better than banning we find!

Its a little quiet lately because of that orb in the sky and some good games that have come out but we have quite a few unique features on the server aswell as in planning that no other servers have :)

Soldato
OP
Havent made a post here in a while but we added a 'dashboard' tied to your steam login, all automatic and completely safe. One of the features now is a Bounty Hunter System. Plans will be to add in 'training' required to use it but for now its open season for all to put up their hard earned to see someone die :D

More details: http://www.cpc-gaming.eu/forum/m/12670048/viewthread/13556068-altis-life-bounties

Soldato
About
Its like the Arma 2 version and if you don't know what this is, its basically a second life but quite a bit more fun and around the Arma system, it has a lot of elements in that I think mods like DayZ are missing, I.E: Something to do when not looting or killing.

This was asked for by a few memebers of CPC and I originally had zero interest in it and I especially didnt think I'd enjoy being a cop but I've had to do it so I can recruit at least semi decent ones with a chance at some honest ones before I can move onto a life of crime.

Personally I like the idea of some corrupt cops as long as its done in a roleplay fashion and not a straight out abuse fashion. Though I'm not a roleplayer but I can see that just generally tazing and beating everyone you meet would get tiresome for the server, so if there is some believable dialogue to it, it makes it interesting.

I spent most of the night over watching the car dealer in Kavala in full soldier kit, just incase there were some idiots on the server and through this I managed to recruit quite a few cops to be whitelisted as the servers need a lot of policing.

I've got some epic footage from tonight that I'll piece together tomorrow (where it'll no doubt not be as funny as I thought it was tonight)

Frankieonpc has just done a video on it (we had our server up a few days before the videos came out, just sayin'!) so I think many Altis Life servers will be quite busy but this brings quite a few eejits so just bare with it, surprisingly 10 minutes in a jail calms people down as they are relatively easy to catch with the tazer.

The mod in its current state.
Did a little testing on the Arma 2 version to see what it was like in comparison and the A3 version of the mod is in very early stages and its obvious it needs a lot of the features the Arma2 versions have but people are adapting it already so hopefully there are some good versions out there.

Notes on servers:
Many have their own additional rules and they can usually all be found when you open the map using the menu on the left and no doubt will have rules on entry to the server and rolling messages.

Admins
Don't get confused between an ADMIN issue and a POLICE issue. Many servers have whitelisted cops with open public police slots to, however most of the time POLICE are NOT admins.

Having your vehicle stolen or being run over in a town is an issue for the police, not for the admins. Though some servers enforce a zero PvP rule inside cities/towns and some enforce it as roleplay only so it may require an admin to temp ban players.

Arma 3: Altis Life Servers:

[CPC] - Childs Play Corner - 188.165.222.198:2322 - www.CPC-Gaming.eu

Recruiting Police: YES - Recruitment Thread

Joop - 195.154.168.144:2902
Recruiting Police: UNKNOWN

Scramz - 109.70.149.166:2350 - http://www.pmc-gaming.com/
[/QUOTE]
Recruiting Police: UNKNOWN

If anyone is interested in having their server in this OP, PM me on here or on the site in my sig.[/QUOTE]

cheers. i may give it a go

Soldato
I've checked a few servers and the only populated English speaking servers are the US ones... Any busy English speaking servers out there hosted in Europe? Don't like the idea of a 200ms ping.

Associate
My first experience with this mode was being pulled over by a cop for cutting a corner on the street. He was deadly serious and didn't find it funny when I couldn't stop laughing. I swear, some of the things that go on in this game mode are hilarious.

Soldato
It was down for a week, and then wiped, and taken back to default altis life install (from what I can see) a few days ago. No more custom Kavala etc, no more custom rebel areas, very few gun locations (with nerfed/default weps), and so on. In short.. It was wiped, and generic altis life was installed. Now it's just any other server.

Associate
I see. Well have building on ours where you can place, rotate etc then save to server. There's towns gangs can take over and build in and fortify.

There's more things to add soon such as spray painting your car, white listed rebels with a HQ.

Associate
Building system I mentioned

2h7nudh.jpg

Associate
I've checked a few servers and the only populated English speaking servers are the US ones... Any busy English speaking servers out there hosted in Europe? Don't like the idea of a 200ms ping.

Blackwing is in Europe and is busy.

I still play on Asylum though as imo it is the best even with a 200 ping

Associate
It was good until a "certain" group of players made home and just spent the entire time griefing people who were trying to play the game as it was originally intended by the developer. Then the server was changed heavily and also the rules and IMO (just saying) it became just like Wasteland with some Altis Life bits.

Went to Breaking Point after that which was great fun with a small group of regular players :)

Had a break for the summer and now the evenings are drawing in hoping to get back into something even if it isn't Altis Life...

Soldato
Is anyone still playing this?

I thought I'd give it a go and became a salt miner. Did a couple of runs in an off-road and then got a truck. I'm now sitting on 220k and thinking of 'diversifying' my business a bit.

The sever I'm on though has lots of rdm vdm and mugging in the supposedly green zones as well as everywhere else. Is this common on all severs?

Back
Top Bottom