• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Arma 3

Associate
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is in the right area but when I play arma 3, there are white flickering dots all over. I have a R9 270x all drivers up-to-date not overclocked and only other game effected is red orchestra 2 but its little black dots and not very noticeable.

I can play such things as bf4 and assassins creed 4with no probs any suggestions
And these are all.on high settings
Thanks
Damian

Associate
If it only effected arma3 then I would suggest disabling ATOC and have a play with AF, but if it effects other games then a driver refresh is the only option.

Let us know How you get on, if the problem is Arma related, I have spent a long times bug fixing, optimising my own Arma.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Maybe I could try reinstalling drivers but not sure how to do it as when I click disable, it acts like I will be uninstalling my graphics card....

And

And

Associate
If you're referring to 'sparklies' (a bug which dates back to Arma2) around tree leaves etc. turn off anisotropic filtering in game and enable it in ccc @4x. Also turn off Atoc. There are plenty of answers on Google but afaik it's a bug with Ati cards.

Soldato
Disable ATOC.

My experience with ArmAs 2, 2.5 (DayZ SA) and 3 is that ATOC and AMD don't get on at all.

Enabling any ATOC setting using 6870, 7870, 7950 and now R9 290 makes the grass look like potato waffles anyway...

Associate
OP
Thanks again for all the adv,

I have now tried all of the above suggestions including drivers, but no luck my current driver is 13.251.

It was odd, because the first time I installed the game it was fine, but then I deleted it all I later then reinstalled it and then this issues arises......

Associate
Are there anymore games you could try out? If it's not driver related and happens in multiple games then there's might be a hardware issue, I wouldn't worry just yet tho'

Associate
OP
, it happens on Red Orchestra 2, but no others including the 1st red orchestra.

Cant help thinking its a game issue, but I have tried everything, all the combos of anti anilising etc... just cannot crack it

Back
Top Bottom