ASRock Vision 3D won't power on

Associate
Need help in determining a problem with my HTPC. Model ASRock Vision 3D 156B.
The machine hasn't skipped a beat for 3years but yesterday when I went to power on no lights turned on, nothing.

I've opened up the unit to remove ram and give it a clean and made sure the wires were all seated correctly and still no joy.
The power brick has a light on but i'm not sure whether that is an indication that it is still functioning correctly. I have also tried plugging in different powerbricks but their output is less than the original powerbrick so not sure that would help.
(original is 19V - 4.74A, others bricks tested output 3.6A and 4A).

Is this a simple PSU issue or does it look like the machine has died. If it isn't a PSU problem then would there be a simple way to fix this?

Associate
Hi there,

I've just had exactly the same problem with my Vision 3D 137B. Did exactly the same stuff to try and diagnose but no joy.

Am considering trying a universal power adapter but it seems odd that the power light on the adapter is still on.

Did you get to the bottom of the problem?

Associate
Hi guys,

I had the same problem. The power adapter had power but nothing would turn on. I opened up the Asrock vision 3D managed to fix it by taking out the internal battery and putting it back in. The computer seems to 'reset' itself and everything is back in working order. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom