ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB4

Associate
Hi everyone. As the tital suggests I'm looking for a little help getting this to power on / post. I bought this mobo sold as seen for £49 I could see from the pics that it had two bent socket pins witch I have sorted out and can not see any now touching. I thought for the price it was worth a risk to see if I could get this thing to work again. So I bought a cheap socket 1200 CPU from cex. Celeron g590 I think. And a couple of sticks of ddr4. So I took out my Lian li sp850 and plugged it all in. There are 3 led lights that power on when it's all plugged in 24 pin and 8 pin CPU. I tried to jump the board in the usual way power button screwdriver trick. But it failed to start or even make a fan spin that I plugged into a header. Is there anything else I could try at this stage. There is a company that I could send it to for a repair but they want £60 just for taking a look. At this point I'm not even sure if it's worth the hassle. I don't have a socket 1200 CPU, well anything good anyway. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Associate
OP
Well I tested all the voltage rails then checked low and high side MOSFETs for shorts none are present. I checked the PCH that's all fine to. Got pcie voltage and ram voltage. Just a knackered CPU socket. I sent the board off for the socket change so I should hear back in a week or so. It should all be ok. I'll post an update when I get the board back.

Back
Top Bottom