ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB4

Associate
Hi everyone. As the tital suggests I'm looking for a little help getting this to power on / post. I bought this mobo sold as seen for £49 I could see from the pics that it had two bent socket pins witch I have sorted out and can not see any now touching. I thought for the price it was worth a risk to see if I could get this thing to work again. So I bought a cheap socket 1200 CPU from cex. Celeron g590 I think. And a couple of sticks of ddr4. So I took out my Lian li sp850 and plugged it all in. There are 3 led lights that power on when it's all plugged in 24 pin and 8 pin CPU. I tried to jump the board in the usual way power button screwdriver trick. But it failed to start or even make a fan spin that I plugged into a header. Is there anything else I could try at this stage. There is a company that I could send it to for a repair but they want £60 just for taking a look. At this point I'm not even sure if it's worth the hassle. I don't have a socket 1200 CPU, well anything good anyway. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Associate
sold as seen usually means they know it don't work but are hoping those that want to gamble maybe able to repair. These are a no go area for a cheap upgrade route and would say the board is more than likely bricked long before you got it and you have wasted £49 :(

Soldato
Remove battery, clear CMOS with CLR jumper pins & plug a buzzer/speaker in to hear for beeps codes. Other than that you'll waste more money swapping parts to find it was dead to start with.

Stick it on Ebay for parts only and you'll likely get some money back.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well I tested all the voltage rails then checked low and high side MOSFETs for shorts none are present. I checked the PCH that's all fine to. Got pcie voltage and ram voltage. Just a knackered CPU socket. I sent the board off for the socket change so I should hear back in a week or so. It should all be ok. I'll post an update when I get the board back.

Back
Top Bottom