Assetto Corsa OcUK TT Challenge! *Season 3*

Associate
I've posted a couple of fast time's on this week's configuration (my name's Stuart on the timing boards) but I've no idea how to share anything to be honest, which I'd be more than willing to do, and just to cover off one thing it's definitely not down to my wheel and pedal's as I'm still using a completely standard G25 which I've had since launch :D

Amazing times you've put in there. I've never shared replays either tbh, but nobody would gain anything from seeing mine :D I believe it's just a case of saving the replay file then uploading it somewhere. I had a quick test there using content manager and when you close out of the game and go back to the launcher, it prompts to save the replay file from what I presume is your best lap in that session, and when saved it appears to go into Documents > Assetto Corsa > Replay. I presume if you are using the standard launcher you have to manually save the replay whilst it is still in memory

Associate
Whilst we're on the topic of helping me...

I've recently got an Oculus quest - it's actually been pretty amazing in comparison to a single monitor, being able to see into and through the corners with something resembling proper depth perception is fantastic. The big problem I'm having is there doesn't appear to be an good way to control the game from within VR.

Due to lack of space my wheel is tucked away in a corner. I want to be able to start, restart, back to pits, mess with the setup etc without having to take the headset off & go back to the desk all the time. I appreciate the launcher is just not designed for VR, I was just wondering what other VR users do about this?

Soldato
OP
They'll both just save the last session in whatever length and quality you've set it to, rather than just the fast lap :)
For example: High quality and max filesize will save the first two hours (or the last.. Been a while since I had it activated), Ultra quality can save up to an hour.

I find it easier to just record footage live, once I've got up to speed and then just edit the quick lap.
Another, and perhaps easier way would be to record the lap from a saved replay. No editing required.

I use paid recording software, but anyone could use Afterburner/OBS etc.

As for controlling the game in VR, I just have my kb/m next to me on a footstool, as I'm just using a wheelstand and an Ikea chair lol.
Maybe see if you can get your hands on a relatively cheap wireless keyboard/trackpad thing, or run a long USB cable? I dunno :D

Associate
They'll both just save the last session in whatever length and quality you've set it to, rather than just the fast lap :)
For example: High quality and max filesize will save the first two hours (or the last.. Been a while since I had it activated), Ultra quality can save up to an hour.

I find it easier to just record footage live, once I've got up to speed and then just edit the quick lap.
Another, and perhaps easier way would be to record the lap from a saved replay. No editing required.

I use paid recording software, but anyone could use Afterburner/OBS etc.

As for controlling the game in VR, I just have my kb/m next to me on a footstool, as I'm just using a wheelstand and an Ikea chair lol.
Maybe see if you can get your hands on a relatively cheap wireless keyboard/trackpad thing, or run a long USB cable? I dunno :D

Would an easier (for the person producing the replay anyway) way not be just to upload the whole replay file? None of mine seem to be bigger than around 20 MB, so easier with regards data transfer also? Assuming I can just plug someone else's replay into my install?

Soldato
OP
Easier for the sharer, yes.
For the watcher, maybe not, as you'd have to sift/skip through the whole thing.

Yeah, you can watch anyone's replay.
The size of the file will depend on the quality settings you've chosen and how long the session was.
Either way, they'll obviously be drastically less than a video.

Associate
Easier for the sharer, yes.
For the watcher, maybe not, as you'd have to sift/skip through the whole thing.

Yeah, you can watch anyone's replay.
The size of the file will depend on the quality settings you've chosen and how long the session was.
Either way, they'll obviously be drastically less than a video.

Personally I'd be perfectly happy with that, and it would save the sharer from having to faff around with splitting and encoding the files.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, whatever works for you.
However, saving and uploading a video is pretty simple.

All that needs to be done is find the lap in the replay and hit record and stop when it's done. Upload to youtube and post a link.

Personally, I just happen to choose a slightly more awkward way of doing it :)

Associate
Well I've had a look and because I went back and did a few more sessions all my replays of my fastest laps have been overwritten so that's a no go I'm afraid, however I could do them again and possibly get videos or replays out that way... I'll have a look and see what I can come up with if it might be of help to others.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
How are you guys shifting in the Jordan? I keep triggering the damage thingy for over revving even when shifting up but it seems hit and miss. It's very hard to be smooth on the pedals. Can you rev-match downshifts or do I need to clutch those too? I can heel-toe in a real car but it doesn't seem to help with the Jordan.

Associate
I just try and shift before I hit the rev limiter to try and stop the engine damage, it won't really effect the performance unless you are doing it severely for long periods at a time especially over a couple of hotlaps, a race distance would be different.

I'm clutching on all downshifts with autoblip off however you can run autoblip if you can't rev match or are getting the rear locking up on fast downshifts.

With this car you need to be smooth on your inputs especially the throttle, maybe @Uncle Petey can turn engine damage off in future sessions..?

New tracks and car's today..?

Soldato
OP
Sorry, no. If it was possible to independently disable body/crash related damage, then I would for situations like that.
However, turning off damage altogether means that you don't get penalised for locking up tyres or making dodgy gear shifts etc.

I know it can be annoying in certain cars like the Jordan, but it's something you need to learn to work around just like the guys at the top of the board have :)

It can also give you a dodgy representation of the car, just like the Williams FW14 we used in round 24, when I'd accidentally left damage off after the previous week at Nordschliefe.
The below lap wouldn't have been possible if damage was on, as I'd have blown up the engine with some of those downshifts.
Sure, it was definitely easier to drive, but it's a false representation of the car.

Back
Top Bottom