Astartes (Warhammer 40K series on YT)

Commissario
I was speaking to some big Warhammer fans about it earlier, and we're all a little hyped for it given who is involved and what that could mean - my guess is it's going to be on Prime* (given who the main guy behind it is and his current/previous work), or Netflix, in which case they could very easily make it very close in tone to the stories and 40k universe.

People tend to forget how dark/harsh some of the streaming service series are, and how different US cable TV shows from the likes of HBO can be compared to US (and a lesser degree UK) Broadcast TV.

In some ways we're in an ideal time to be a science fiction fan, as the streaming services are looking for content and are far more willing to try something/keep it running for a complete season AND see how it does over several months (given they often release a full season at once) rather than as happened so often in US TV making a handful of episodes and cancelling after episode 3-4 aired..

*Amazon unlike pretty much any other TV of film production company has very good, up to date, and highly accurate data on both Book and Audio book sales and can/will consider what they can make from a TV or Film adaptation influencing book/audiobook sales (normally a TV production is primarily concerned with what it can make on advert sales).

Associate
Now that is unexpected and fantastic news. The Eisenhorn trilogy is excellent so if done right this could really be something special.

Astartes is very good too, a committed fan can achieve a lot. Certainly far superior to the official attempts (Ultramarine anyone?).

Caporegime
OP
The conversation between the two orbs, courtesy of a guy called Jonathan Campbell:

Orb 1 (with the Inquisitor/techpriest): 'Who's here?'

Orb 2: 'I have failed, brother.'

Orb 1: 'We have all failed.'

Orb 2: 'The Astartes deny our touch.'

Orb 1: 'We must return.'

Orb 2: 'Break your shield.'

Orb 1: 'Impossible. We'll never survive.'

Orb 2: 'You must, take them!'

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Hmmm any idea of what the ORBS are ?

Is it chaos or does it fall into the Emperor just something different we do not understand so need to kill it ?

Soldato
a very cool update

Not sure on that. I thibk all his current work is pulled from YT. It's not going to get near the coverage it did before. GW has the worst track record for their own works, also where has all that patron money gone with nothing to show for it? Music and sounds have already been changed and people not liking it.

Back
Top Bottom