Aston Martin

Soldato
OP
I'm seeing stories the boss wants out of F1 so this may be the first step in the RB name disappearing from F1.
Don't forget the team has history going back to Stewart GP then Ford and Jaguar so name changes have been done before.
Interestingly the AM HyperCar that is being developed with Adrian Neweys help just might have an engine that lead to the 2021 changes.
Along with Porsche, Cosworth and Ilmor interest in the 2021 rules we could be looking at a rumour filled few years. With probably more interest in the future of F1 than the the remaining hybrid years.
Andi.

Caporegime
Why do red Bull want out?

I can understand why they do. Because f1 with the wrong engine means no chance to win. But it's this the reason? Or is it just not profitable

Soldato
Red Bull are in it for the brand recognition, and have always been quite open about the fact that they'd ditch the sport if they couldn't win or at least compete with a chance of winning. If they're looking to leave then it will be either because they don't feel that they can compete, or because the F1 audience is not aligned to their own customer target market. The latter would be an interesting reason, as it would effectively be a vote of no confidence in Liberty Media's plans to broaden the appeal of the sport.

Soldato
Back in F1 from 2018 as title sponsor for Red Bull.

Aston Martin Reb Bull Tag Heuer powered by Renault in 2018 to Aston Martin Red Bull Tag Heuer powered Honda lawn mowers in 2019. WTF!

A better name is Ass Bull

PS - Horner is a tool, he needs to go. No serious auto manufacturer will want to put up with him

Last edited:
Soldato
Aston Martin Reb Bull Tag Heuer powered by Renault in 2018 to Aston Martin Red Bull Tag Heuer powered Honda lawn mowers in 2019. WTF!

Sounds like Ass Bull to me

Horner is a tool, he needs to go. No serious auto manufacturer will want to put up with him
Horner is running an extremely good f1 team and has done for years. I think he's keeping his options open. Which is a good idea as the most competitive engine manufacturers refuse supply as his team is too good.
Red Bull obviously are not a manufacturer so have to buy an engine and so far have had a choice of err Renault.
As things stand they get money from Aston and maybe eventually engines from Honda or Aston or Renault .

Soldato
PS - Horner is a tool, he needs to go. No serious auto manufacturer will want to put up with him

Not sure I understand this, in the last 8 years under his leadership they have won 4 of 8, 2nd in three and came 4th once. Most people would consider that extremely successful. This is only really matched by Merc. The Red Bull wins were also down to having a fantastic chassis not just a dominant engine like the Merc wins.

What have Ferrari and McLaren done over the last 8 years.

Soldato
Not sure I understand this, in the last 8 years under his leadership they have won 4 of 8, 2nd in three and came 4th once. Most people would consider that extremely successful. This is only really matched by Merc. The Red Bull wins were also down to having a fantastic chassis not just a dominant engine like the Merc wins.

What have Ferrari and McLaren done over the last 8 years.

The Red Bull wins were also down to having an engine that was very suited to the regs (it was very compact and required relatively low levels of cooling so packaging was good and also had good fuel economy) and the engine freeze meant that the other engine manufacturers couldn't alter their engines to reduce their deficiencies.

Back
Top Bottom