Astro Photography

Soldato
Light pollution filters work if you have sodium street lighting. if there’s LED lighting you may find it still exists.

sky estimators for light pollution (they look at the light gradient for example) will help remove the per-image light pollution as long as the exposures aren’t too long (when the movement of the camera results in a not so linear light gradient).

Associate
Nothing too great but I got this shot of Neowise from my back garden last week

Zk2aTVv.jpg.png

5 exposures of 8 seconds, ISO 1600, F4 on my Canon 70D at 70mm blended using sequator.

I did go out of town last night to try and something better but with patchy cloud (it was supposed to be clear!) and the comet dimming somewhat since last week I didn't get anything

Soldato
Nothing too great but I got this shot of Neowise from my back garden last week....(snip)

Looks really good! Ive wanted to try this for weeks. But as a night worker, whenever Im off its cloudy :(

I have a week off next week but as you say its dimming. So if it is clear I wont get anything usable.

Soldato
Yeah, I do a bit...

End thread :D

OP first pic was fantastic, then this appeared. Though the gear involved, knowledge to use it and cost must all be extremely high.

I purchased a 2nd hand Nikon P900 this week.

I did some toying years ago with a Canon A60 with some binoculars to get a surprisingly good shot of the moon (so say it was on a compact 2MP cam in around 2003)

It had full manual controls and was the last camera i’ve had that has.

I’ll see how I do with a moon shot & stars with the P900 bridge cam. Not hopeful as im in a city center with loads of light pollution. I suppose it’s a challenge

Total cost £516.50

Nikon P900 (£330) (came with Nikon battery and unbranded battery wall charger)
Manfrotto compact light (£50)
Lowepro TLZ20 (£22)
Nikon EN-EL23 battery (£39)
Nikon MH-67P Battery Charger (£39)
Nikon UC-E21 USB Cable (£10)
Nikon EH-71P Charging AC Adapter (£26.50)

Back
Top Bottom