• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Asus 1900 xt-x core clock speed wrong?

Associate
Hi, quick question

just installed my new Asus Radeon EAX-1900 XT-X. I havent tried to play a game yet, but instantly i have noticed that the core clock only seems to be running at 500mhtz, when the advertised speed of the card is 650?

Im running the latest cat drivers, not the included asus driver's or software.

It's a flat install of XP.

Does the Core speed of the card change when you play games? I've upgraded from an old AGP X800. Is this normal?

Cheers
Fen

Soldato
You could run ATi Tray Tools, it's got monitoring graphs for clock speeds temperatures etc. that record in the background when you play games and things. It'd soon tell you what speeds you're getting in 2D and 3D modes.

I'm not sure how it would behave with Catalyst Control Panel installed though, so be warned.

Associate
Exsomnis said:
You could run ATi Tray Tools, it's got monitoring graphs for clock speeds temperatures etc. that record in the background when you play games and things. It'd soon tell you what speeds you're getting in 2D and 3D modes.

I'm not sure how it would behave with Catalyst Control Panel installed though, so be warned.

the two don't exactly get along. Would recommend you ditch CCC if using tray tools.

Soldato
zytok said:
the two don't exactly get along. Would recommend you ditch CCC if using tray tools.
Agreed. I haven't tried the two together for myself, but I'd never recommend running them together just for the sake of it.

Associate
OP
Oh ok, if i remove the CCP - means i wont be able to get to advanced driver settings doesnt it? Is the ATI tray tool a sepate download, or control panel like the one the driver's used before the Cat Control Center was mandatory?

Associate
Fenlock said:
Oh ok, if i remove the CCP - means i wont be able to get to advanced driver settings doesnt it? Is the ATI tray tool a sepate download, or control panel like the one the driver's used before the Cat Control Center was mandatory?

The ATi Tray Tool offers all the settings of the CCC and more in an easier to use UI (imo). You certainly won;t lose any functionality (apart from o/cing on the x1800/x1900's)

Back
Top Bottom