ASUS AX11000 vs DSL-AC68U range

Soldato
lol, and in English?

Firmware has been rock solid actually.

That is English, spell it out. It rhymes with hit. And the internet says the firmware is anything but solid. Beta at best. I’m really not sure where you’re going with this? You’re unhappy with the routers wireless performance, you’re unhappy with your house’s cabled performance. But you won’t accept any advice to the contrary of what you believe to be the case. Really, you’re just stuffed.

Hopefully, you have a better 2020!

Soldato
OP
That is English, spell it out. It rhymes with hit. And the internet says the firmware is anything but solid. Beta at best. I’m really not sure where you’re going with this? You’re unhappy with the routers wireless performance, you’re unhappy with your house’s cabled performance. But you won’t accept any advice to the contrary of what you believe to be the case. Really, you’re just stuffed.

Hopefully, you have a better 2020!

As I’ve said, I have the router and I’ve owned previous ASUS and Netgear routers in the past. The firmware on the AX11000 is without fault. Maybe try actually using one rather than reading outdated reviews on the internet.

The cabling is the builders idiotic fault, not mine. I’ve posted the evidence that it’s seemingly CAT5 so not sure what else I’m supposed to do?

I maintain that whatever you typed previously does not make any sense. Please keep to the Queen’s English from now on.

Soldato
WJA96 is right, ASUS has a horrible history when it comes to network hardware and firmware (fake FCC certification data and fine, that 20 years of external auditing requirement and fine in the US, known security holes not patched for 2yrs till a retail partner refused to distribute them unless fixed rolled out etc.). Netgear and Linksys aren’t that much better, claiming they’re faultless is as logical as the idea that the builder somehow located cable that’s almost two decades old and almost impossible to buy now. You have all the information you need to establish the actual issue, it’s up to you what you choose to do next, good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom