• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ASUS confirms ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 3080 Ti graphics card with 20GB memory

Soldato
Grim... you know there's a world outside of your bedroom, right? You can even use your PC to read news and stuff. Apparently there's a pandemic going on at the moment. :D

I'm not in the UK so occasionally I may ask such questions. No pandemic here luckily, our stadiums are filled with tens of thousands for cricket games

Caporegime
I'm not in the UK so occasionally I may ask such questions. No pandemic here luckily, our stadiums are filled with tens of thousands for cricket games
Interesting... I always assumed you were in the UK, but now I am guessing you are in India or Pakistan which would explain things a little!

Caporegime
im pretty sure both of those countries have the pandemic so no
No pandemic at all? Ok sorry I missed that in your post. Hmm, no pandemic and thousands watching cricket in stadiums... Australia then? :D

I hope wherever you are the no pandemic lasts, because I have a feeling the new variant of COVID that is hitting Europe is still going to make its way worldwide.

Associate
MSFS 2020 does not even support DX12 yet. Watchdogs Legion it achieves 60FPS with DLSS AND rayrracing on. Control and RDR2 it hovers a bit below with all the settings maxed at 4k.

Nvidia never guaranteed the 3080 would be able to do 60+ fps in ALL games. They just basically said it's can do it in most of them.

If you want to guarantee 4k 60FPS with Ultra settings in ALL games you need the flagship card... The 3090. And don't even mention MSFS 2020 again which is about as optimized as my socks draw.
I think you're forgetting the 3080 is the 'Flagship'. Didn't you see Jensen's presentation?

HRL

HRL

Soldato
What chance is there that the 3080ti will be under £1000?

MSRP? High. £999.99 would be my guess.

Actual prices you can buy one for though, about the same as a 3090FE I reckon, AIB’s potentially higher still.

It’s all a bit nuts, hence why I jumped on a 3090FE instead.

Soldato

Actual prices you can buy one for though, about the same as a 3090FE I reckon, AIB’s potentially higher still.

That's the thing I am keeping my eye on the market to see if I can find a 3080, but then not sure if I should just give up and wait for the 3080ti considering it's taking this long anyway.

But I don't really want to spend £1000 on a GPU.

Associate

They would definitely charge a premium for RTX and DLSS like they did for 3080 vs 6800XT and considering the 3080 Ti and 6900 XT fall in the halo category that premium would be even higher. I dont expect anything lower than £1100 for the FE.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
They would definitely charge a premium for RTX and DLSS like they did for 3080 vs 6800XT and considering the 3080 Ti and 6900 XT fall in the halo category that premium would be even higher. I dont expect anything lower than £1100 for the FE.

Even if we are generous and say the FE is advertised at £999, so many people will be piling on for it you will experience another launch debacle like we have already seen. You can bet your bottom dollar the AIB ones though are going to be near 3090FE prices which is why some of us have said its a false waiting game and should have just got the 3090 in the first place. The only value remains at £649 for the 3080FE, any cards above this are not good value if your gaming with fps/£ in mind.

Back
Top Bottom