ASUS Crosshair 6 Hero AM4 Lighting Issues

Associate
Yes it's a common thing for Aura and ryzen. First you need to make sure that option in Bios is disabled (to run rainbow while pc is off). If it's disabled and still not working for me helped the latest version of Aura from Asus website, dated 19 April. If that won't work...I guess you have to wait for more versions, updates to Bios:)

Soldato
I also have Phantek strips, one 400mm and one 1m. Primary colours are ok but cannot get yellow or pink. Can get purple ok though. Did you use the Aura Phantek converter cable? I did and the channels are still wrong, I used the software to correct but they still don’t match the pch and io cover. I have not tried the strips with the Phantek case controller so maybe it’s the strips that cannot do some colours?

Soldato
I just got a Hue+ to try out and it's really good, colours are as they should be and the software is much better than ASUS software. Also, each LED in a strip can be set individually and it all just works. The only bad thing was it uses a poor quality Molex for the LED power, it was a real pain to plug in as the prongs moved out of position.

Last edited:
Soldato
Correct; It doesn't do yellow at all! strange isn't it?

I don't see the point paying £50 for a controller. This actually is working perfectly now (Aura).
I just wanted to try it. I added it to my Intel PC. Its also good that it does not need the software running to work so i can set it up and get rid of the software, wish I could get rid of ASUS software.

My mobo LED's have now died completely:(

Last edited:
Associate
To turn off the LEDs when the PC is off, you need to adjust the setting in BIOS. Should be under Advanced\APM Configuration. You need to adjust ErP Ready. I believe S4+S5 solves your issue.

In regards to RAM issue. Have you got XMP enabled?

Kind Regards

Bill @ ROG UK
Hotline: 01442-265548 9am - 5pm
Email: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx

Associate
In regards to RGB strips. We recommend purchasing ASUS AURA compatible RGB strips. I believe cable mod do some. Got them going in my rig fine with no issues as of yet. There are going to be RGB AURA fans soon from manufacturers so look out for that :)

Kind Regards

Bill @ ROG UK
Hotline: 01442-265548 9am - 5pm
Email: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/techserv.aspx

Associate
cleared cmos already yeah, crosshair lets you save oc profiles so no need for pictures, no change, I'm hoping that when the next official bios is released that may resolve the issue

Associate
cleared cmos already yeah, crosshair lets you save oc profiles so no need for pictures, no change, I'm hoping that when the next official bios is released that may resolve the issue
On OC.net Raja@Asus was looking for people with Aura not working completely. He wanted to arrange exchange to do the testing and figure out what is happening. Might be worth sending him PM for advice

Soldato
I have uninstalled all ASUS software and disabled the services that it leaves behind, would be nice if the uninstaller actually got rid of them instead of just leaving them on and running!
Hopefully a fix will be found, don’t want to go through the hassle of returning the mobo:(

Associate
I have uninstalled all ASUS software and disabled the services that it leaves behind, would be nice if the uninstaller actually got rid of them instead of just leaving them on and running!
Hopefully a fix will be found, don’t want to go through the hassle of returning the mobo:(

same here, lights might not be a performace factor, but they match my build lol

Soldato
Im not gonna send it back but on the latest BIOS mine still cycles the rainbow when it's powered off.

Static colour works fine in windows and everything is disabled in the BIOS. Surely the issue is related to the fact that the 'disable' in ROG lighting effects just turns off the small board LEDs not all of it?

Soldato
The ROG effects are, LED on the mobo start button and the drive activity LED. The RGB LED’s are Aura which is not ROG specific as its on lots of mobo’s GPU’s and other stuff and have options in the connected devices section.

Soldato
The ROG effects are, LED on the mobo start button and the drive activity LED. The RGB LED’s are Aura which is not ROG specific as its on lots of mobo’s GPU’s and other stuff and have options in the connected devices section.

The colours and messing about with them are Aura, the actual power is delivered by the board. The board is powered by the BIOS, ergo the BIOS should be turning the power off.

I don't believe for a second the intention of setting ROG lighting effects to off is to turn off an M2 LED.

Back
Top Bottom