ASUS GT501 Case help

Associate
Hello,

I am new the forums here so apologies if this question is already answered elsewhere that I have missed.

Recently I purchased the ASUS GT501 case for my system and am having an issue with the front three fans and wonder if anyone else with this case or someone more experienced might be able to help me please?

Rather than have the fans running at 100% all the time which is the default out-of-the-box mode, I have removed the molex adapter and connected the fan cable directly to the motherboard (a Crosshair VIII Hero) to "Chassis Fan 2" socket.

Unfortunately, when I use the ASUS AI Suite to setup a profile for the fans they are locked to 100%. If I enable the "fan off mode" I am able to move the left one so they turn off below say CPU 40C, but I cannot change the output power/rpm of the fans to a nice curve?

Am I overlooking something here? The rear chassis fan can be controlled just fine. Most reviewers of the case either on the web or youtube all mention connecting the fans directly to the motherboard for this purpose? The ASUS website FAQ does not mention this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Back
Top Bottom