Asus M3A32-MVP

Associate
Hey guys, im new to the forum but have shopped on ocuk for a while now,

I'm going to be purchasing a phenom 9600 + 2gb pc2 8500 corsair dominator ram + the Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe AMD 790FX

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MB-254-AS&groupid=701&catid=5&subcat=808

Now i understand that the AMD phenom is out in a couple of weeks, however there hasn't been an ETA on the Asus at all, didn't know if anyone could shed some light on a release date for this? as it looks really nice.

Also has anyone found any reviews for this? as i've always been an abit guy, but seeing as abit do not make a crossfirex mobo ive heard Asus are normally good?

Thanks!

Associate
OP
Thanks for the reply,

Yeh thats what i thought...All i could find on google were announcements of it etc. Looks like a v.nice motherboard etc but the Phenom 9600 is out at the start of next month and i was aiming to get it all around then.

Hmm....Might just have to hold off a while until its out. Unless anyone can recommend a decent Phenom board with CrossfireX ?

Cheers

Soldato
Performance & pricing for Phenom is not that great ATM. Also, seen on some websites that issues with Asus mobo :eek:

Since building new (i.e. purchasing both a mobo & CPU), I'd recommend you go Intel C2D route. The performance is proven & upcoming 45nm chips are even better :)

Associate
OP
This is going to sound so one sided of me...but i don't really like Intel too much :rolleyes:

I've allways preffered to take the AMD route :)

But yeh....Problems with the Asus?.. doesnt sound good :(

Are the gigabyte / Msi boards any good?

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Nobody really likes Intel.

But neither Intel or AMD care about what you think about them, so go for the one that offers the best value for money. And atm that's the big bad Intel.

Man of Honour
Unless anyone can recommend a decent Phenom board with CrossfireX
Aside from the chances of ever filling all 4 slots, if you really want CrossfireX (and are mad enough to get 4 graphics cards to do it) then the MSI K9A2 is superior before you read a single review for the simple reason of layout. The Asus could only fit 3 dual slot cards in the 4 PCI-E slots while the MSI could fit duallies in all 4.

Man of Honour
Afaik driver support doesn't exist for 3, let alone 4, so if it is something you intend on doing now I'd watch out....

Back
Top Bottom